Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Where to start with 3" lift?

Old 08-25-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
Dewman4 is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
Dewman4's Tacoma Gallery
Where to start with 3" lift?

I don't have the knowledge at all but I have been reading alot of threads that have been posted. I want to put a 3 inch lift on my 2011 Tacoma but I don't really know where to start. Alot of people are recommending put on bilstein 5100s and some AAL's. What else would I need to lift my truck. Any recommendation would be much appreciated.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:09 PM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
How do you plan to use your truck? Off-roading?, do you haul stuff with it?, Daily driver?, want a basic lift, or a really trick lift?
Old 08-25-2010, 12:45 PM   #3
Dewman4's Tacoma Gallery
I really just plan to use my truck for daily driving. I want to do it right though and make it look nice.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:49 PM   #5
Dewman4's Tacoma Gallery
I got a 4x4....is that something i still need.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:50 PM   #6
tacoma44x44 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jamie
tacoma44x44's Tacoma Gallery
buy my saw 2.0 coilovers and AAL i have for sale
Old 08-25-2010, 12:54 PM   #8
Dewman4's Tacoma Gallery
I am still trying to gather information on what I need to lift my truck and who is a good company to go through.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:30 PM   #10
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
he said he wants to do it right, so spacers are out. stop talking about them.

you can get 5100s and adjust them to your liking, and an add-a-leaf for the rear. another option for a good lift is the OME lift from toyteclifts.com. with that kit you get new shocks and stiffer coils and you can still get a leaf for the back.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:34 PM   #11
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I really like my Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit. It has everything you need, installation is simple and the ride IMO is way better than stock.

Plus ToyTec is vendor here and you can get a discount by being a TW member.

Best advise I can give is don't be cheap when it comes to lifting your truck the ride quality will suffer.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 08-25-2010, 01:43 PM   #13
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
bilstein 5100's or OME 885's are good lifts and not too expensive. if you want something a little nicer, get coilovers. you may also want to think about buying aftermarket UCA's to align it right and save your ball-joints.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:54 PM   #14
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzle3434 View Post
if you notice what that shiny aluminum thing on the top of the coilover, that would be a lift spacer. every single kit out there has some type of lift spacer, thats why the stock ones are so thin, there for no lift. sorry to tell you bud, you got a spacer lift hahah
not every single lift kit has a spacer... only the cheap ones
Old 08-25-2010, 01:58 PM   #16
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
x2. POW!
Old 08-25-2010, 02:03 PM   #17
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzle3434 View Post
if you notice what that shiny aluminum thing on the top of the coilover, that would be a lift spacer. every single kit out there has some type of lift spacer, thats why the stock ones are so thin, there for no lift. sorry to tell you bud, you got a spacer lift hahah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
Old 08-26-2010, 05:25 AM   #18
Dewman4's Tacoma Gallery
So after talking to alot of people I have narrowed my choices down to two. I was looking at the ToyTec Ultimate and doing some Bilstein 5100s front and rear. If I do the Bilstein 5100s I would se the fronts at 2.5" of lift and then also get 3 leaf AAL kit to lift the rear 1.5".

What does everyone think? Which one? Or should I go with something else?
Old 08-26-2010, 08:13 AM   #19
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
same difference basically except the ultimate gets you new coils. you can run your stock coils on 5100s just fine and the ride will still be good.

fyi...basically every single kit out there is a coil over...the coil goes over the strut/shock.