1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5 lug lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by MowTaco, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Aug 25, 2010 at 8:12 PM
    MowTaco

MowTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    Hello all
    I think I am about ready to lift. But for some reason nobody thought someone would buy a 5 lugger to lift? :notsure: So I don't have many options. So I determined I could do spacers (I liked the CornFed one the best of everything I found) with an AAL. Here's the thing. I want more than 3 inches, so I'd have to also do spindles. After I sink that money in I could spend like ~200 more and have coils and new UCAs. That's the route I'd prefer. As for that, I found a Fabtech kit and a Doetsch kit. The Fabtech kit I know is discontinued, but they still show some stock. It is $1400 and includes coils, spindles, UCAs, 4 new shocks, rear shackle, and AAL. The Doetsch kit has all the same minus the AAL, which I have already found elsewhere for cheap. So why is the fabtech kit so much more? Is it that much better? Thanks for all the input and I'm open to any other options... except long travel :( I still gotta go to college...

2. Aug 25, 2010 at 9:22 PM
    mikesdoublecab

mikesdoublecab LT Chase Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 Prerunner
    Engage Offroad long travel front and rear with some fat tires.
    personally, i would not lift and put the money away into a savings account, get through college, get a job, then buy a 4x4...

3. Aug 26, 2010 at 8:10 PM
    MowTaco

MowTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    Ghaaa why must you bring reason into this?? I suppose you're all right... I just want to be a little taller, that's it. And I wasn't talking about a body lift, I was talking about coil spacers.

4. Aug 26, 2010 at 8:16 PM
    McJosh

McJosh avidoffroad.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler
    Vehicle:
    2005 Reg. Cab 5 lug Tacoma
    Pioneer AVH-p2300DVD, 12" Memphis sub and Alpine MRP-M650 amp, 32" BFG AT tires and KMC wheels, tinted windows, satoshi grille w/ stainless steel mesh, Avid front & rear tube bumpers, Cobra wx75 CB with 3' firestik, GaragePro bucket seats, FlowMaster 40 series, aFe CAI, Black head lights, LoJack and Autopage alarm installed, Avid sliders.
    I'm getting the fatbob'sgarage one installed on Saturday. It's only 2.5 but that's probably as high as I want it for $246 until I can either afford icon coilovers or a total chaos long travel kit. :D

Products Discussed in

To Top