Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5 lug lift

Old 08-25-2010, 08:12 PM   #1
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
5 lug lift

Hello all
I think I am about ready to lift. But for some reason nobody thought someone would buy a 5 lugger to lift? So I don't have many options. So I determined I could do spacers (I liked the CornFed one the best of everything I found) with an AAL. Here's the thing. I want more than 3 inches, so I'd have to also do spindles. After I sink that money in I could spend like ~200 more and have coils and new UCAs. That's the route I'd prefer. As for that, I found a Fabtech kit and a Doetsch kit. The Fabtech kit I know is discontinued, but they still show some stock. It is $1400 and includes coils, spindles, UCAs, 4 new shocks, rear shackle, and AAL. The Doetsch kit has all the same minus the AAL, which I have already found elsewhere for cheap. So why is the fabtech kit so much more? Is it that much better? Thanks for all the input and I'm open to any other options... except long travel I still gotta go to college...
Old 08-25-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
personally, i would not lift and put the money away into a savings account, get through college, get a job, then buy a 4x4...
Old 08-26-2010, 08:10 PM   #3
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ghaaa why must you bring reason into this?? I suppose you're all right... I just want to be a little taller, that's it. And I wasn't talking about a body lift, I was talking about coil spacers.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:16 PM   #4
avidoffroad.com
McJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
I'm getting the fatbob'sgarage one installed on Saturday. It's only 2.5 but that's probably as high as I want it for $246 until I can either afford icon coilovers or a total chaos long travel kit.