Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

toytec lift???

Old 08-25-2010, 10:29 PM   #1
mxracer452 is on a distinguished road
mxracer452's Tacoma Gallery
toytec lift???

Hey guys, new guy here. I'm looking to get a toytec ome lift for my 2010 tacoma and was wondering if there is anything i need to get besides what it comes with? Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:48 PM   #2
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
you shouldn't need anything extra. which one are you looking at? they offer quite a few
Old 08-25-2010, 11:09 PM   #3
bighungitacoma is on a distinguished road
bighungitacoma's Tacoma Gallery
hey, just my $0.02, id look into the toytec ult lift, i got it about a month ago and honestly love it, nothin id change about it
Old 08-25-2010, 11:11 PM   #4
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

eh, OME is better
Old 08-25-2010, 11:12 PM   #5
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Owen
MadeInMaine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MadeInMaine
If you get AAL for the rear, you will need longer U-Bolts
but for the fronts, the kits give you everything you need

what is your budget/ lift interest?
Old 08-25-2010, 11:50 PM   #6
woah there copdoctore, those r fightin words, haha
Old 08-26-2010, 08:14 AM   #7

i'm stubborn haha
Old 08-26-2010, 09:39 AM   #8
oh i am too for sure...but its all good, they r both great lifts, im just rockin the ult lift and im sure ur rockin OME
Old 08-26-2010, 12:21 PM   #9

haha yep
Old 08-26-2010, 05:11 PM   #10
thanks guys, i dont have the money for the ult lift, so i am goin with the ome lift, but i do have a couple more questions. first, should i get the spacers with it or not, how much does it really change anything?, and second, i'm getting new rims and tires as well, 17x9 rim and i was thinking 275 70 17 tires, will there be any rubbing issues and would that be a good looking size tire for my truck? thanks again
Old 08-26-2010, 07:54 PM   #11
ok i changed my mind, after doing some research i'm going to go with the 5100's all around with the 884 coils, and 1 1/2 rear aal. any issues or hangups i should know about this setup?
Old 08-26-2010, 07:55 PM   #12
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer452 View Post
ok i changed my mind, after doing some research i'm going to go with the 5100's all around with the 884 coils, and 1 1/2 rear aal. any issues or hangups i should know about this setup?
Are you a reg cab , access or DC ?
Old 08-26-2010, 08:07 PM   #13
access cab trd sprt 4x4
Old 08-26-2010, 08:22 PM   #14

should be good to go, 884 will not hold up to an added bumper/winch, so plan accordingly ... i screwed myself by getting 885 coils for the dc and now am building a plate bumper and adding a winch so i need to upgrade
Old 08-26-2010, 08:39 PM   #15
thanks guys, think i would have any rubbing issues with a 275 70 17 tire with that setup?
Old 08-26-2010, 08:46 PM   #16
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighungitacoma View Post
hey, just my $0.02, id look into the toytec ult lift, i got it about a month ago and honestly love it, nothin id change about it
X2
ULK only way to go.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:47 PM   #17
w4lter is on a distinguished road
w4lter's Tacoma Gallery
No rubbing issues. At least, not for me and I have almost the exact same set up.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:57 PM   #18
Claytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud of

Air Force: GREEN LIGHT!
Name: Clayton
Claytor's Tacoma Gallery
no one has needed UCAs W/ OME or Toytec?
Old 08-26-2010, 09:00 PM   #19

to keep alignment in spec you need UCAs when you hit 3" or around that range. i don't have em, don't plan on it for now
Old 08-27-2010, 05:13 AM   #20
i didnt need UCA's, mine aligned back into spec just fine, although in some reasearch ive read that for others they have been necessary...