Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100 bushings

Old 08-26-2010, 10:22 PM   #1
Fienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant future

Name: Hieu
Fienoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Fienoma
5100 bushings

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Em/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]so i have a 2007 double cab tacoma and just recently got my 5100's installed .. i noticed during the install i had two big bushings and two big washers that go with them but in this picture it shows that theres 4 bushings..and im just wondering where the two small washers and bushings go...
Attached Thumbnails
5100 bushings-brushings.jpg  
Old 08-27-2010, 07:18 AM   #2
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
2 Bushing and 2 Washers per side:

That pic is of a complete set of left & right side bushings for the shocks.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:23 PM   #3
Fienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant future

Fienoma's Tacoma Gallery
Right, so where do the two small ones go? lol
Old 08-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #4
Jones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jones's Tacoma Gallery
The two smaller ones go inside each mount plate on the underside. I am guessing when you did the 5100 install that bushing might have been stuck and looked like it was part of the mount plate.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:32 AM   #5

Fienoma's Tacoma Gallery
Would there be any major concerns i should have if those two bushings arent there?
Old 08-29-2010, 05:45 AM   #6
Jones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jones's Tacoma Gallery
bushings there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fienoma View Post
Would there be any major concerns i should have if those two bushings arent there?
Are you sure they aren't there?

On mine, they are stuck on. It almost feels like it is glued to the plate.

Old 08-29-2010, 01:06 PM   #7

Fienoma's Tacoma Gallery
perhaps its in there ill have to take it apart next week to check.. thank you for the clarity!