Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2009 Tacoma height on each side is different

Old 08-28-2010, 09:38 PM   #1
Bobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant future

Army: C Co, 2nd Bat 75th Inf
Name: Bobo
Bobo_1's Tacoma Gallery
2009 Tacoma height on each side is different

This is a 2009 Tacoma DC LB that I got with 10K miles on it. I measured the rear from three different locations to get an idea of the height before I had the TSB for the suspension done. When measuring, I found that one side is .5" or greater higher than the other side. Is this to be expected? This difference remained after the TSB.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:41 PM   #2
ttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
you sir are experiencing what is commonly known as the 'taco lean'
Old 08-28-2010, 11:08 PM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
remember that the gas tank and batter both sit on the driver side. that will cause a lean.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:18 PM   #4
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
My dads Chevy has the gas tank and battery on the driver side and his truck don't lean.... come to think of it, lots of vehicles have the gas tank and batt on the driver side and they dont lean. I wonder what REALLY causes the taco lean... hmm...
Old 08-28-2010, 11:52 PM   #5
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
My dads Chevy has the gas tank and battery on the driver side and his truck don't lean.... come to think of it, lots of vehicles have the gas tank and batt on the driver side and they dont lean. I wonder what REALLY causes the taco lean... hmm...
Someone with a stock taco should remove the battery next time their tank is real low on gas and then measure all the corners; see if the lean is from those 2 factors.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:54 AM   #6
STravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
STravis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttylerr View Post
you sir are experiencing what is commonly known as the 'taco lean'
x2 haha
Old 08-29-2010, 02:24 AM   #7
Tojo is on a distinguished road

Tojo's Tacoma Gallery
mine leans the same - about an 1" on the drivers side w/full tank of gas...
Old 08-29-2010, 04:14 AM   #8
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post
Someone with a stock taco should remove the battery next time their tank is real low on gas and then measure all the corners; see if the lean is from those 2 factors.
x2. good idea... i just dont agree with the fact that a battery and tank of gas will make the truck sagg so much. if that were the case, there would be a lot of cars and trucks with a "lean"
Old 08-29-2010, 04:24 AM   #9
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
^^

It's either that or everyone's truck is crooked!

Inclusion of a small spacer (1/4"-1/2") on top of the driver's side suspension makes it go away yet leaves all body lines looking level. This leads me to believe the frame and suspension is level to begin with and the extra weight pulls it down... granted, this is just a hunch, I haven't measured under the conditions mentioned above.

It would be interesting to measure the driver's side even at 1/4 and 1/2 tank... that should be enough weight, if the measurements are done in the same place/temperature, to see a difference.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:02 AM   #10
Bobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant future

Bobo_1's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks. Wife really noticed it last night coming out of the grocery store under the parking lot lights. She was like what the hell is wrong with your truck
Old 08-29-2010, 06:39 AM   #12
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
If ~ 160 lbs of fuel causes the lean when the truck is unoccupied, wonder how much more it leans when you sit inside.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:04 AM   #13

Bobo_1's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone talk to the dealer about this or talked to Toyota Customer Service?
Old 08-29-2010, 11:03 AM   #14
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmb2003 View Post
When Hodge said "batter" I think he was referring to the driver. I can't see the battery having an overly huge effect on the vehicle's height.
I did, too... re-read it 3x and still didn't have it figured out until the next post had "battery"... then I was like "Oh! I get it now...what?"