Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

1st gen roll bar endlink busted...

Old 08-29-2010, 04:20 PM   #1
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
1st gen roll bar endlink busted...

I have a 3" spacer lift on my 2004 prerunner. I have had them on for years. However, the last time I changed my oil I noticed that the upper portion of my swaybar endlink has a busted rubber seal and has thrown grease on to the suspension.

Is there a fix for this that will keep this from happening again. I have seen a spacer kit for the 2nd gen that lowers the bar to relieve the tension on the endlinks, but haven't seen one for the 1st gens.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brelandt View Post
I have a 3" spacer lift on my 2004 prerunner. I have had them on for years. However, the last time I changed my oil I noticed that the upper portion of my swaybar endlink has a busted rubber seal and has thrown grease on to the suspension.

Is there a fix for this that will keep this from happening again. I have seen a spacer kit for the 2nd gen that lowers the bar to relieve the tension on the endlinks, but haven't seen one for the 1st gens.
i may be wrong but i think you are mistaken. The only thing i have seen for the swaybar is it shifts it forward away from an adjustable coilover. A lift will not affect the swaybar.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:52 PM   #3
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
you're right I was thinking that the kit was for lowering the bar. my sway bar is pulling my endlinks up and towards the rear which is placing a straain on the endlinks. I am thinking about adding a spacer inbetween the frame and the sway bar to see if this will relieve this strain.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:02 PM   #4
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brelandt View Post
you're right I was thinking that the kit was for lowering the bar. my sway bar is pulling my endlinks up and towards the rear which is placing a straain on the endlinks. I am thinking about adding a spacer inbetween the frame and the sway bar to see if this will relieve this strain.
it shouldnt. there should be no strain on the sway bar on level ground. the swaybar only has tension when one wheel is higher than the other.