LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100 in front with tsb aal in back question

Old 08-29-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
Red Sox Nation
Delrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Lcdr, retired
Name: Jonathan
Delrivpilot's Tacoma Gallery
5100 in front with tsb aal in back question

I currently have a toytec 2" spacer and the tsb aal on my rig. Was thinking of getting the 5100's and setting them at 2.5 to give a bit more lift in front. Has anyone done this and not done anything to the back end? Curious if truck is level enough and they are happy with set up. I searched the forum and couldnt find anyone who has done this. Thanks!
Old 08-29-2010, 06:49 PM   #2
moderately modded
drifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant future

Name: Sam
drifter's Tacoma Gallery
I know almost nothing about this, so this is basically a *bump* for the pros.
5100 set to anything more than 0 + 2inch spacer = damage to UCA's
*I think that's what will happen*
Old 08-29-2010, 09:13 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
If you are talking about adding the billy's and keeping the spacer...that's not a good idea.

If you are talking about ditching the spacer and adding the billy's, very good idea.

I believe you will be slightly nose high with 2.5" up front with nothing on the rear.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:14 PM   #4
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
1.75" up front with 5100 and rear spring tsb will give you perfect level stance. take out the spacers.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:17 PM   #5
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
1.75" up front with 5100 and rear spring tsb will give you perfect level stance. take out the spacers.
+1
Old 08-29-2010, 09:27 PM   #6
moderately modded
drifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant future

drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
If you are talking about adding the billy's and keeping the spacer...that's not a good idea.
sweet. i was right. *gotta get some 5100's of my own*
Old 08-30-2010, 03:03 AM   #7
Red Sox Nation
Delrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Thanks All for input. Yeah, I would definitely ditch the spacer. If I wanted to go 2.5 in front, is a block in the rear the way to go? I don't want to mess with the springs if I dont have to.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:49 AM   #8
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
AAL out back............
Old 08-30-2010, 04:22 AM   #9
Red Sox Nation
Thanks T@co. Would the AAL I got with the TSB be sufficient?
Old 08-30-2010, 06:30 AM   #10
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Depends on whatcha do up front. There are 1.5 AAL & 2.0 AALs. My 5100s are on 2.5 & have the 3 leaf crap pack with 1.5" AAL and the truck sits level.(1.25 higher in back). I'd think if you have 4 leaf pack plus 1.5 AAL with 5100s set on 2.5, you have a bit more rake, higher in the back. 2" AAL would give a lot of rake if you have 4 leafs out back to start with.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:19 AM   #11
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS
tacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud of

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
My 5100s are set @ 1.75 and with the stock 3 pack leafs in rear I was about 1/2 inch nose high. I installed a 1.5 aal from toytech and now once it settled its a perfect stance. Check my gallery for pics.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:55 AM   #12
Red Sox Nation
Thanks for all the input guys. So, if I have the TSB aal, that gives me 4. Then putting the 5100's on 2.5 should be close to leveling the truck. That sound right? I don't want any rake either way.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:58 AM   #13
Shack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lane
Shack's Tacoma Gallery
I have Billies @ 1.75 and the tsb aal. Sits completely level by look and actual measurement after settling.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:00 AM   #14
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delrivpilot View Post
Thanks for all the input guys. So, if I have the TSB aal, that gives me 4. Then putting the 5100's on 2.5 should be close to leveling the truck. That sound right? I don't want any rake either way.

No. 1.75" up front with the rear spring TSB (3 leaf + 1 overload) will make you perfectly level. If you go 2.5" up front you'll need a 1.5" AAL on top of what you have in the rear.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:55 AM   #15
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sounds like he has 3 leaf crap pack plus TSB AAL totaling 4 based on the description. If he has 4 leaf TSB oem springpack then that's different but he said AAL so that makes me think 3 leaf oem springpack + AAL to = 4. Which is it?
Old 08-30-2010, 10:06 AM   #16
Red Sox Nation
THanks for your input T@co. I just have the 4 spring from the TSB. I think I am going to go ahead and pic up the 5100's and adjust accordingly. Will post pics when done.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:40 AM   #17
moderately modded

drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Question: would having the front end higher that the back end be bad? I know the back end lowers when you put stuff in the bed, but if the front end was always higher, no matter what, would it be bad?
Old 08-30-2010, 12:52 PM   #18
Red Sox Nation
I'm not an expert, but I would say no. Esthetically I prefer to have it level
Old 08-30-2010, 01:31 PM   #19
moderately modded

drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Well, yea it would look weird to have the front higher than the back. I'm just making sure that it isn't bad for anything *like drive line*
Old 08-30-2010, 01:34 PM   #20
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS
tacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud of

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack View Post
I have Billies @ 1.75 and the tsb aal. Sits completely level by look and actual measurement after settling.
+1
You'll have a bro lean with 2.5 and TSB or 1.5 aal. You'll have too much front rake if you do both TSB and 1.5 aal
I'm goin to go with a 2" aal when I either go up to 2.5 setting or just go with 885 coils @ 0 setting