Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

UCA Install Problem

Old 08-29-2010, 08:23 PM   #1
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
UCA Install Problem

Can't get the drivers side top bolt back through on my 4wd. The fuel lines are in the way. Any tips from people who have done this?
Old 08-29-2010, 08:24 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
Can't get the drivers side top bolt back through on my 4wd. The fuel lines are in the way. Any tips from people who have done this?
Can you put it back thru the front?
Old 08-29-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
That seems even harder, and at this point it's sorta jammed up
Old 08-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
That seems even harder, and at this point it's sorta jammed up
Have patience, and itr will work in. Just wiggle it as your pushing it in. If you can get a small hammer, try to tap it in.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:29 PM   #5
Well, we'll keep trying. It is stuck. :-/
Old 08-29-2010, 08:32 PM   #6
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Might need to bend the sheet metal out of the way to make it really easy for yourself then just bend it back. We installed a while back UCA's on a 4wd with no problems getting that bolt in once we bent the sheet metal a little bit
Old 08-30-2010, 10:32 AM   #7
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
Take out your battery and the tray, bend the sheet metal a bit using vise grips and you will be able to get it through very easily. I wouldn't put it on from the fuel lines, just in case the nut were to fall off, the bolt could slide right out creating big problems. Put it in from the engine side first.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:36 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianboy View Post
Take out your battery and the tray, bend the sheet metal a bit using vise grips and you will be able to get it through very easily. I wouldn't put it on from the fuel lines, just in case the nut were to fall off, the bolt could slide right out creating big problems. Put it in from the engine side first.
The nut wont fall off. Its torqued to 100#
Old 08-30-2010, 10:49 AM   #9
Oops, didn't update. (Exhaustion!) Ran it back the other way, that did the trick. Had to bust it back out with a little force, but I think everything is still OK. Those fuel lines are pretty thick, I don't think we hurt anything.

Thanks for the help everybody, I'll have to do karma in a bit. The lift is awesome! Now I just need the URD 2.7L supercharger to make up for the power loss...
Old 08-30-2010, 10:50 AM   #10
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
upper left is where i bent my sheet metal. i didnt even remove my battery. i actually tore it a bit but i bent everything back into place and you cant even notice it anymore...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 08-30-2010, 10:51 AM   #11
Also, the instructions I had said to torque that nut to only 83 ft-lbs. I have a haynes manual now though, I'm going to retorque everything after a few hundred miles anyway, so I'll look it up.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:51 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
upper left is where i bent my sheet metal. i didnt even remove my battery. i actually tore it a bit but i bent everything back into place and you cant even notice it anymore...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Whoa, yeah, I did not bend mine that much, fortunately. I do have some scratched paint in the engine bay, I'm going to have to touch it up so it doesn't rust. We tapped it through with a small hammer.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:52 AM   #13
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I bent the metal out of the way as well.