1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for some quick advice on suspension overhaul

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 96er, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Aug 30, 2010 at 10:50 AM
    96er

96er [OP] Sport Rally'er

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    '96 Tacoma XCab 4x4 SR5
    Ok, just wanted some quick opinions on my approach to rebuilding my suspension.

The truck: '96 Tacoma 4x4 SR5 Access Cab V6, 195k, original shocks, coils and leafs, rides like chit on anything other than smooth roads. Sits 35 1/8" from ground to fender in front, 36 1/8" in the rear, so I still have my ~1" factory rake. Sway bar bushings look like they were microwaved then put back on.

The plan: OME 881's with Nitrocharged shocks for the front, along with new rack bushings and sway bar bushings. For the rear, Wheeler's 3 leaf AAL and rear OME shocks (can't layout the $459 nut right now for the 5 leaf pack, plus I heard it squeaks like a son of a bitch). Full alignment.

Should give me a nice level ride, mild lift and much better handling, right? Should I be overly concerned with CV angles or vibration?

OR, I could do 5100's all around, front set at 1", just to level it out and I should still get a much better ride, right?

2. Aug 30, 2010 at 12:14 PM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    That is a very good setup. Should like the ride much better than stock. CV angles will be fine. Only other thing to really consider, is if you take is off-road a lot, then maybe an extended rear brake line, since the new shocks will allow for more down travel.

Products Discussed in

To Top