Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Leeper

Old 08-30-2010, 04:44 PM   #1
gopens48 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
gopens48's Tacoma Gallery
Leeper

Any body on here know a good way to get ahold of these guys? On Friday, one of my coilovers started leaking. I've called and left 3 messages on the phone number on their website. I've also sent e-mails to the address on their site, as well as the (personal?) address for Dave that i used when i orginally ordered the c/o's. So, any body have any other suggestions or anything? Seeing as how i've had these c/o's for a little over 2 months now, I'd really like to see about getting them warrantied or something. Thanks for the info/suggestions.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
yeah good luck with that
Old 08-30-2010, 04:49 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
At the price they sold them for, I dont think there is an expresed warranty on them. Any local off road shop should be able to handle the rebuild.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:51 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
At the price they sold them for, I dont think there is an expresed warranty on them. Any local off road shop should be able to handle the rebuild.
I wish it were that easy for me. I've called just about every off road shop in the phone book here, and no one does rebuilds . The closest place i could find that would do it is either in Arizona or California.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:52 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopens48 View Post
I wish it were that easy for me. I've called just about every off road shop in the phone book here, and no one does rebuilds . The closest place i could find that would do it is either in Arizona or California.
Im not sure if any special tools are needed with the Leepers, but you may be able to do it yourself. Did you keep your old ones?
Old 08-30-2010, 05:05 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Im not sure if any special tools are needed with the Leepers, but you may be able to do it yourself. Did you keep your old ones?
I really really really would like to say yes to this, but in all honesty, i'm not sure. I know i left them in my buddies garage when we put the new ones on, but what happened to them after that, i don't know.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:09 PM   #7
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
nighthawk87's Tacoma Gallery
I had problems with my Leepers too. I know Dave is a good guy but I have seen 2 others with problems plus mine. If anyone else has them, I would start to be seriously doubting the quality.

I took mine back and got me some Kings...more money but worth it in my opinion.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:12 PM   #8

No issues with mine yet....
Old 08-30-2010, 09:54 PM   #9
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
nighthawk87's Tacoma Gallery
...yet, my fingers are crossed for you. I really liked them but just too bad about the problems I had wiht them
Old 08-30-2010, 09:56 PM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Crap. I bought a set but I haven't used them.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:02 PM   #11
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Crap. I bought a set but I haven't used them.
if you want to sell ill buy lol
Old 08-31-2010, 08:35 AM   #12

I dont see how they would be more or less likely to leak, than any other CO. They use the same internals as others. Im thinking there may have been a burr or a defective seal with those that have had leaks.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:17 PM   #13
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
if you want to sell ill buy lol
Maybe. I'll let you know.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:01 PM   #14
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Been running mine pretty hard and knock on wood no leaking or anything.

They are alittle hard over the bumps, is that something someone could address when then need to be rebuilt later on?
Old 09-01-2010, 06:58 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
Been running mine pretty hard and knock on wood no leaking or anything.

They are alittle hard over the bumps, is that something someone could address when then need to be rebuilt later on?
Yes. You can have the initial compression valving softend up.