Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2nd Gen Drop Shackles

Old 08-30-2010, 10:08 PM   #1
Blk04SR is on a distinguished road

Blk04SR's Tacoma Gallery
2nd Gen Drop Shackles

So I have been looking around and cant really find who makes 1.5" shackles non-flip.

I read a post that just buying the quadratec xj shackles wont work due the Tacoma's are flipped upside down.

The reason I do not want a shackle flip kit is I want to run the OME Dakar's leafs but dont want that much of a lift in the back. I would run the 1.5" drop shackle so call it, the Dakars, and angle shims.

So who makes a quality drop shackle kit?
Old 12-24-2011, 02:33 AM   #2
PRE10 is on a distinguished road
PRE10's Tacoma Gallery
I would also like to know.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:58 PM   #4
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacooon View Post
They don't make any shackle lowering or lift shackles for 2 gen
false

ATO has been working on a shackle flip...shackle flips have been done
Old 12-24-2011, 09:08 PM   #5
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I know if you do the flip kit it's possible but I think the op was talking about the stock ones does anyone make lowering shackles for a stock replacement
Old 12-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #6
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know if you do the flip kit it's possible but I think the op was talking about the stock ones does anyone make lowering shackles for a stock replacement
my bad

there is no adding lift or lowering for the stock hanger you are correct.

OP- you want load capability without lift?
Old 12-24-2011, 11:47 PM   #7
PRE10's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the answer guys. No wonder I can't find them LOL. O well I will just spindle the front then.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:50 PM   #8
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
What about the extended length Defined Engineering shackles ?
Old 12-25-2011, 07:17 AM   #9
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRE10 View Post
Thanks for the answer guys. No wonder I can't find them LOL. O well I will just spindle the front then.
Cst makes a 3.5 in lift spindle and there pretty cheap compared to total chaos
Old 12-25-2011, 09:36 AM   #10
PRE10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Cst makes a 3.5 in lift spindle and there pretty cheap compared to total chaos
Thanks I looked into that there like 900 bucks.