Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

NEED REAR SUSPENSION ADVICE

Old 08-31-2010, 08:01 AM   #1
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
NEED REAR SUSPENSION ADVICE

Just wanted to poll the troops on a rear lift/level setup. I just did billys up front at 1.75 and am stoked about looks and performance. As it sits now however I'm 1/4 to 1/2" nose high. I am completely stock non tsb in rear and would like to go up 1/2" plus improve rear capability for hauling, ie would rather avoid spacer. Has anyone done a progressive pack and removed more than just the overload leaf to avoid a rake?
option 2 would be some sort of airbag setup? Any clue on ride quality and cost?
I have a T100 for most hauling duties (primarily firewood) and may need to retire it in the next year or 2.
Please weigh in yall. Muchos Gracias!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:12 AM   #2
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
i would say get the TSB springs if you can or a 1" AAL. I think a progressive pack would be too sot for what you want.

Air ride wont really give you a lift, it will hold level when its really loaded. if you try to lift with air bags it will ride like shit
Old 08-31-2010, 08:13 AM   #3
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
The progress leaf pack will reduce the towing and hauling capability, it's made for flexability not capacity. I have the Wheelers single AAL and it has stiffened the back end up a good amount but does provide about 1.5" of lift. The only option I could see for you is to have custom leaf pack built and ask them to keep it stock height while improving load capacity. unfortunantly the majority of ways to improve strength includes increased ride height, unless you go custom. Hope that helps.

Oh and I forgot to mention there are air bag setups, I don't know if that's something you wanted to look into?
Old 08-31-2010, 08:15 AM   #4
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I suggest doing the Toytec Non-TSB 1.5" AAL if you are over 36k. I have this with my 3 leaf crap pack out back and have hauled 1500 lbs a couple of times without issue. I you aren't over 36k, get the free 4 leaf pack from dealer. My 5100s are set on 2.5" and I have 1.25" rake, higher in back.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:38 AM   #5
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for input guys.
With a toytec AAL, my understanding is that you maintain all of your current leafs. Would removing one of the factory leafs and doing the 1.5 or 2" AAL be an option to keep from having a 1" rake?
Any thoughts?
truck has 103k miles so springs are pretty tired IMO
Old 08-31-2010, 09:03 AM   #7

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
The only leaf you could remove would be the overload leaf and that would kill your towing/hauling capacity.
Thanks, thats kinda what I figured.
Just ordered the Toytec 1.5" AALs and new Us. We'll see how she sits.
thanks again yall
Old 08-31-2010, 09:05 AM   #8
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
I think you will be happy with the ride, I'm not sure you needed the longer u bolts though so maybe you can cancel those. I would call Toytec and make sure you have to have them. I didn't need longer ones for my wheelers AAL, but I had the TSB pack.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:09 PM   #9

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
yeah I didn't want longer ones, I just wanted new ones. I figured I'd booger some threads getting the old ones off. I was tempted to get a flip kit though.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:12 PM   #10
Banned
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
yeah I didn't want longer ones, I just wanted new ones. I figured I'd booger some threads getting the old ones off. I was tempted to get a flip kit though.
I'll be buying the All Pro flip kit soon.

Love All Pro stuff and the people there...