Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

what is the maximum lift before premature front end damage?

Old 09-02-2010, 09:04 AM   #1
millerlight2496 is on a distinguished road
millerlight2496's Tacoma Gallery
what is the maximum lift before premature front end damage?

i have a 2003 tacoma v6 trd and want a small lift. i was thinking 5100's all around and aal in the rear. will i have to do any more to prevent premature front end damage?
Old 09-02-2010, 09:09 AM   #2
Hillbilly Zombi is a glorious beacon of lightHillbilly Zombi is a glorious beacon of lightHillbilly Zombi is a glorious beacon of lightHillbilly Zombi is a glorious beacon of lightHillbilly Zombi is a glorious beacon of light

Hillbilly Zombi's Tacoma Gallery
I would get the Diff. drop. Its cheap and might save your boots. I did the same set up w/o the diif. drop and my boots started leaking grease so I filled them up and put hose clamps from lowes on them and bought a diff drop. No problems since. Also tire size can play on the suspension as well, so I would recommend no bigger than a 32' or 265/75/16 tire.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:11 AM   #3
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerlight2496 View Post
i have a 2003 tacoma v6 trd and want a small lift. i was thinking 5100's all around and aal in the rear. will i have to do any more to prevent premature front end damage?
save your money.
OME 881 coils from toytec in the front. AAL and procomps in the rear. 3 in level/lift.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:17 AM   #4
millerlight2496 is on a distinguished road
millerlight2496's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
save your money.
OME 881 coils from toytec in the front. AAL and procomps in the rear. 3 in level/lift.
what model of procomp should i use in the rear?
thanks.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:27 AM   #5
Hillbilly Zombi is a glorious beacon of lightHillbilly Zombi is a glorious beacon of lightHillbilly Zombi is a glorious beacon of lightHillbilly Zombi is a glorious beacon of lightHillbilly Zombi is a glorious beacon of light

Hillbilly Zombi's Tacoma Gallery
just a front diff drop. I got 2.5 inches in the front and I added 1.5 fabtech aal in the rear with billies from downsouthmotorsports
Old 09-02-2010, 03:42 PM   #6
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerlight2496 View Post
what model of procomp should i use in the rear?
thanks.
Not sure. PM the toytec vendor or call them. There extended length.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #7
Keyser Soze
WATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud of

Name: Rob
WATRD's Tacoma Gallery
It's really the boots that suffer, not so much the CV joints themselves. You are generally good into the 2-2.5" range, or 2.5-3" with higher angle boots. The CV's don't really care, though there is some anecdotal evidence to indicate that they are a bit easier to snap at higher angles, especially if you are spinning them and stopping them hard on the trails.