Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Finally got eveerything, 1 question?

Old 09-02-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got everything, 1 question?

Finally got everything!

Here is my question: I still haven't bought UCAs and icon recommends you have them for anything over 2.5" of front lift. The shocks come with 2" lift pre set so what do you think if i just put the shocks on the front and lift it the 3" in the rear? Any potential problems with this set-up? I will of course get an alignment, and then in a month or so when i get new UCAs i'll put it up to 3" and get another alignment.
Thoughts?

Front:
Icon extended travel Coilovers (preset to 2" from factory)
Front Diff drop

Rear:
Wheelers TSB AAL
Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks
All Pro U bolt flip kit
Old 09-02-2010, 12:27 PM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
IMHO, put it at the 3" up front now. The UCA only corrects the caster issue from the 3". The caster being out won't effect your tire wear. You may feel a "wandering " at highway speeds though.

Plus there are a few memebers running at 3" without a UCA.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:40 PM   #3
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
IMHO, put it at the 3" up front now. The UCA only corrects the caster issue from the 3". The caster being out won't effect your tire wear. You may feel a "wandering " at highway speeds though.

Plus there are a few memebers running at 3" without a UCA.
x2