Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Toytec pre built bilsteins or just 5100's with your own springs

Old 09-02-2010, 06:48 PM   #1
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec pre built bilsteins or just 5100's with your own springs

Which is the better choice ultimately. Want to level the front only. But do want to get the TSB done, I only have 800 miles on my truck, so I don't know how I would convince a dealer to do it. I like the Toytec's pre builts, they are more exspensive. But are they the better option? What would I have to set them at you think to level it? Would I need to do the diff drop?
Old 09-02-2010, 06:55 PM   #2
mentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mentose457's Tacoma Gallery
Im thinkin about doing about the same thing. Im gonna buy the front bilys and use my stock springs. From what ive read if you get the TSB done you would need to set the front at 1.75" to level it off.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:56 PM   #3
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
I have to figure out how to get the TSB done first.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #4
mentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TSB list

Just searched and found this:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ta-tacoma.html

Just print out the PDF and take it to your dealer.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:00 PM   #5
Banned
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
I have the actual TSB paperwork, but convincing dealers to do it I hear is very hard
Old 09-02-2010, 07:07 PM   #6
Im in the same boat. I called the stealership yesterday to talk to them about it and they tried to tell me i didnt know what i was talking about. I think this weekend ill drive there (40 min.) and talk face to face with them about it sense they are acting like a$$ holes on the phone.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:35 PM   #7
sanga700 will become famous soon enoughsanga700 will become famous soon enough
sanga700's Tacoma Gallery
tell them you do contruction job and load 400 pounds on the back of ur truck and the rear way is way too low like ur on low rider , then see what they say before show them PDF paper . thats what I told my dealer and they did for me w/o any question at all. But you got to wait for break in of your truck before to take her there .
Old 09-03-2010, 02:42 PM   #8
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
if you want it level, .85 without the TSB should do it, and 1.75 will level it with the TSB but with settling your truck may sit nose high
Old 09-03-2010, 03:04 PM   #9
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanga700 View Post
tell them you do contruction job and load 400 pounds on the back of ur truck and the rear way is way too low like ur on low rider , then see what they say before show them PDF paper . thats what I told my dealer and they did for me w/o any question at all. But you got to wait for break in of your truck before to take her there .
Better yet, tell though you haul fat chicks around in the bed and they complain about the truck bottoming out.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:39 PM   #10
cagle77 is a splendid one to beholdcagle77 is a splendid one to beholdcagle77 is a splendid one to beholdcagle77 is a splendid one to beholdcagle77 is a splendid one to beholdcagle77 is a splendid one to beholdcagle77 is a splendid one to beholdcagle77 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Beau
cagle77's Tacoma Gallery
I just took my truck in today for them to look at the TSB change. I didn't even mention the TSB at first, I just told them that I haul/tow alot and that when its under a load that it feels weak and unsafe. The service manager asked me if I had the 3 leaf pack and I told him "I think so" acting innocent. Needless to say, parts are ordered and getting installed next week
Old 09-03-2010, 04:43 PM   #11
Banned
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone had any good luck in Mass with any dealers not giving them a problem with doing it? I know I only have 800 or so miles on it. But I want to do some suspension work. I don't mind an AAL set instead, but I just don't want the squeak like my 2005. Do any of the newer ones still have the squeak problem?