Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Built Right UCA Caster 3.4?

Old 09-03-2010, 10:21 AM   #1
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Built Right UCA Caster 3.4?

Camber and toe are both 0, caster is 3.4 on both sides. This is what they could get me. Anyone have better luck with the built rights? Also, is this dangerous to my truck for any reason? if the caster is too high, I'll just see some rubbing right?

Also, my CV boots should be fine as long as the fins aren't touching right? I have about 1.75"-2" of lift up front with my leeper coilovers.

Thanks!
Old 05-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #2
tonyplanet will become famous soon enoughtonyplanet will become famous soon enough

tonyplanet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
Camber and toe are both 0, caster is 3.4 on both sides. This is what they could get me. Anyone have better luck with the built rights? Also, is this dangerous to my truck for any reason? if the caster is too high, I'll just see some rubbing right?

Also, my CV boots should be fine as long as the fins aren't touching right? I have about 1.75"-2" of lift up front with my leeper coilovers.

Thanks!
I'm having caster issues too. Caster doesn't have effect on tire wear like Toe and Camber does.

My caster is is between 4.8 and 5.0. I wouldn't say its dangerous to have this much caster. Have you had any better luck adjusting your caster since last?
Old 05-24-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
The rubbing you will experience will be in front on the bumper and fender liner, no need to worry about tire tread wear, just drivability and rubbing.