Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Which might be the best coilover for cranking to 3" of lift?

Old 09-03-2010, 05:03 PM   #1
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Which might be the best coilover for cranking to 3" of lift?

I'm wantng to get rid of my Revtek at some point, maybe this year and want to replace it with coilovers. The more you crank up coilovers the crappy'er the ride gets. So out of these, which might give the most decent ride quality offroad at 3"?

Kings
ICON resi's
ICON non resi's
Stay away's
Camburgs
Toytec

Or another... and what
Old 09-03-2010, 05:05 PM   #2
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
fox 2.0 resi.fantastic ride.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:13 PM   #3
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I would also like to know...
Im looking for a 2nd gen. ad am trying to descide what coilovers will ride the best both on/off road.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:57 PM   #4
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
i got procomp
Old 09-04-2010, 10:54 AM   #5
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
I think you left out probably the most popular and cost effective one...ome set-up. Every raves about this set up, for ride quality on and off road. I think i am leaning this way when I decide to upgrade. You can get a full 3" with the top plate spacers, probably about 2.5" without. The only downside is that they are not adjustable like some of the others you mentioned.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:12 AM   #6
johnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to behold
johnny12345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataco View Post
fox 2.0 resi.fantastic ride.
Can you get 3 inches out of those? I thought they were 2.5 inches max?
Old 09-04-2010, 11:31 AM   #7
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
2.5, 2.0, etc. refers to the diameter, not the height or travel of the shock.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #8
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Icon's, Well with Icons, Kings, SAW, and Foxs. its Pretty much Pick A color. I think Camburgs are made by SAW.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:24 PM   #9
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
i love my toytec's. I have them cranked to the max recommended height which is 3.25" and they still ride 10x better than stock
Old 09-04-2010, 11:44 PM   #10
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
i love my toytec's. I have them cranked to the max recommended height which is 3.25" and they still ride 10x better than stock
yet w/ stock you have 3.5" downtravel....and now you have NONE!
Old 09-05-2010, 12:13 AM   #11
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I like my icons but if I had the opportunity to do it over I would get kings.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:48 AM   #12
ibengineer will become famous soon enoughibengineer will become famous soon enough
ibengineer's Tacoma Gallery
i just got the fabtech dirt logic 2.5's - ride is amazing compared to the revtek i had on there. (also added camburg uca's, i can let go of my wheel at 80mph and fly straight as an arrow)
Old 09-05-2010, 08:01 AM   #13
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
yet w/ stock you have 3.5" downtravel....and now you have NONE!
lol, if we were all interested in downtravel we'd all have lt kits
Old 09-05-2010, 08:10 AM   #14
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Flight School
Name: JT
JTaco386's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Toytec COs with the Eibach 700lb springs due to my front bumper and winch. They are a little stiff, but it rides great!
Old 09-05-2010, 02:03 PM   #15
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
I used Toytec's Ultimate lift kit and had them cranked up almost to the max. I also had LR UCA's on at the time as well. The ride was great, but I started to blow CV boots because of the angle. Therefore I took everything off and went with a 4.5" RCD kit. I have to say that with RCD's kit the ride got even better and the handling was better than stock. I have pics in my build page of the CV axels with the Toytec kit and the RCD kit. Check out how much of a difference there is. The moral of this is, if you're going to crank up a CO to a full 3" or more, keep an eye on your CV boots.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:10 PM   #16
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post
I think you left out probably the most popular and cost effective one...ome set-up. Every raves about this set up, for ride quality on and off road. I think i am leaning this way when I decide to upgrade. You can get a full 3" with the top plate spacers, probably about 2.5" without. The only downside is that they are not adjustable like some of the others you mentioned.
x2.

Waiting to get mine later this month.

SO fucking stoaked.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:15 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobson View Post
I used Toytec's Ultimate lift kit and had them cranked up almost to the max. I also had LR UCA's on at the time as well. The ride was great, but I started to blow CV boots because of the angle. Therefore I took everything off and went with a 4.5" RCD kit. I have to say that with RCD's kit the ride got even better and the handling was better than stock. I have pics in my build page of the CV axels with the Toytec kit and the RCD kit. Check out how much of a difference there is. The moral of this is, if you're going to crank up a CO to a full 3" or more, keep an eye on your CV boots.
Thats on the unusual side. With the diff drop kit, diff carrier spacer and shims. I have about 20k hard miles on my kit and thats with the trd supercharger. My boots are perfect and the fins dont even touch. I have a pic of my boots on my build page