Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

CV joint is shot???? NEED some help

Old 09-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
05tacoSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation CV joint is shot???? NEED some help

I have 3in lift coils with stock shocks and TC uca. Also installed a front diff drop. First ? is can i get 5100's and set them at 0 and get more down travel and a better ride white keeping the same lift? 2nd ? is my cv joints are clicking They will click over bumps / when turning / getting in and out of parking spots / and REALLY F ing pop while off road on rough ground. I have checked my boots and no leaks or cracks but my inner boots are not gonna last too much longer. Also there is some play in the shafts. I can push and pull them making them move slightly. I have a 100k warranty on the truck but will toyota fix my problem? If not should i save and get RCV cv axles made for severe angles? they are 600 a pop Can i pull the axles and repack with grease and new boots? Back the the 5100's my lift coils have a 1/2 in spacer that i want to put in the trash so what would i set the billies at? Running 285/75/16 tires. I gonna shut up now but want to here what you have to say. CHRIS 4X4 can chime in also.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:50 PM   #2
05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
05tacoSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Search "CV shit the bed" in the 2nd gen section
that helps did you have any clicking before they "shit the bed"
Old 09-06-2010, 10:04 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
None, I would trash the 1/2 spacer and try to run >3" of lift. Somewhere around 2.5.

Groung to the fender should be 38-38 3/4
yup less than 3 inches.

Edit: wait im retarted