Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Alignment adjustment with TC UCAs

Old 09-07-2010, 01:19 PM   #1
bigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
bigmooze's Tacoma Gallery
Alignment adjustment with TC UCAs

I'm going to install my 5100's (2.5" up front, stock springs), rear TSB AAL and TC UCA's during my up-coming vacation. I'm curious as to what alters the alignment on the 2nd Gen Tacoma - not that I'd be doing it myself, I'm just curious.

From what I've read there are alignment cams, but what else is adjusted... is there anything on the UCA?

Thanks.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:15 PM   #3
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
the tc ucas dont need adjust, not like the light racing ucas where you can swivel the ball joint around. and the ucas are fixed in place with no adjustment as far as i can tell
Old 09-12-2010, 01:41 AM   #4
sanga700 will become famous soon enoughsanga700 will become famous soon enough
sanga700's Tacoma Gallery
At 2.5" lift you don't need new UCA ( cost 500 bucks )
at 3"0 lift yes you will need new UCA .
make sure have print out alignment paper . Caster must be atleast 2.0 or your ride will be wander when ur on high speed.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:20 AM   #5
bigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
bigmooze's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the replies.

I already purchased the UCAs with the intention of installing them when I intall the 5100s. Don't want to have to rip everything apart again if I can avoid it.

From the threads I have seen, installing TC UCAs with front Billies set at 2.5" will not harm anything, just allows the alignment to be dialled closer to perfect.

Please, some correct me if this is wrong.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:29 AM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmooze View Post
Thanks for the replies.

I already purchased the UCAs with the intention of installing them when I intall the 5100s. Don't want to have to rip everything apart again if I can avoid it.

From the threads I have seen, installing TC UCAs with front Billies set at 2.5" will not harm anything, just allows the alignment to be dialled closer to perfect.

Please, some correct me if this is wrong.
You got it. You loose caster on the alignment if you lift higher than 2", and they have to push the Camber out to be able to get it close. You should be sitting nice with the TC UCA's.