Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

tsb and 33's

Old 09-07-2010, 06:06 PM   #1
lakerlax is on a distinguished road
lakerlax's Tacoma Gallery
tsb and 33's

I am getting the Spring tsb work done next week on my 09 dc tacoma trd sport. How can i fit 33's now after getting the tsb done keeping the stock wheels or going to the procomp steel wheels.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:07 PM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
which size of tire: 255/85 or 285/75?
Old 09-07-2010, 06:08 PM   #3
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
that back isnt the issue its the front. you need a 3" front lift
Old 09-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #5
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, you will need at least 2.5 or a true 3 inches in the front. as far as the 33's...the 255/85's will work as is on the stock wheels. you do need to know that this tire is pretty "skinny" and they are also pretty hard to find. to fit a 285/70, you should get some wheel spacers. if you get wider wheels, you can do either. your first step will have to be some type of front lift though.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:18 PM   #6
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
another thing to consider is that 285s will eat your gas milage. I still get 20mpg (same as with stock tires) with my 255s.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:19 PM   #7
i have no problem going with aftermarket wheels. i was hoping to just paint my stock ones but it doesnt matter. I would like the 285's though or true 33's. I will drop to 16in rim if necessary. my old jeep had 33'sx12.50 which i loved but not sure if i can fit on tacoma. I just am looking for a good less expensive lift for some offroading without going the spacer route.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:23 PM   #8
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerlax View Post
i have no problem going with aftermarket wheels. i was hoping to just paint my stock ones but it doesnt matter. I would like the 285's though or true 33's. I will drop to 16in rim if necessary. my old jeep had 33'sx12.50 which i loved but not sure if i can fit on tacoma. I just am looking for a good less expensive lift for some offroading without going the spacer route.
i think 285's will be fine. if you get the 33x12.5, you will lose a lot of mpg's. you can do it on a 3" lift, but there will be a lot of trimming.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #9
so can anyone give me the exact setup i need with the tsb to fit the 285's with 17 or 16in rims.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:32 PM   #10

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
I would get 16" rims. there is more sidewall and they are cheaper.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:34 PM   #12
i would just prefer not to go with spacers up front or blocks in the back. just a true 3in suspension lift for 285's on 16s.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerlax View Post
so can anyone give me the exact setup i need with the tsb to fit the 285's with 17 or 16in rims.
that's up to you and your budget. you will have to pick out suspension parts you can afford/actually need. i can give you an idea of what you need to be looking for; you need to get at least 2.5-3" in the front and i'm not sure about the rear bc i don't have the tsb springs. but you would probably need to go with the 1.5" tsb aal. if you stick with the wheels you have, you need some wheel spacers. if you get aftermarket wheels that are 8 or 9" wide, you won't need the spacers. you also might want to look into new uca's, you don't have to have them, but they can help out. all of that should help you clear 33's. you can find all this stuff on toyteclifts.com. we can't pick this stuff out for you specifically because we don't know what you can afford or exactly what you want. they have complete lift kits on there also.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:40 PM   #15
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosupreme54 View Post
that's up to you and your budget. you will have to pick out suspension parts you can afford/actually need. i can give you an idea of what you need to be looking for; you need to get at least 2.5-3" in the front and i'm not sure about the rear bc i don't have the tsb springs. but you would probably need to go with the 1.5" tsb aal. if you stick with the wheels you have, you need some wheel spacers. if you get aftermarket wheels that are 8 or 9" wide, you won't need the spacers. you also might want to look into new uca's, you don't have to have them, but they can help out. all of that should help you clear 33's. you can find all this stuff on toyteclifts.com. we can't pick this stuff out for you specifically because we don't know what you can afford. they have complete lift kits on there also.
Nice Post +1 But I would go with 5100s at 2.5 with 285s and spidertrax. You might have to trim, but it looks good you dont need new UCA at 2.5
Old 09-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #16
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
Hey tacosupreme what size tires you running?
Old 09-07-2010, 06:43 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyo freak View Post
Nice Post +1 But I would go with 5100s at 2.5 with 285s and spidertrax. You might have to trim, but it looks good you dont need new UCA at 2.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyo freak View Post
Hey tacosupreme what size tires you running?
thanks, and what do they look like to you...?
Old 09-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #18
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosupreme54 View Post
thanks, and what do they look like to you...?

265/70/17 ?
Old 09-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #20
i would prefer to keep the lift under $500. I am getting bilstein 5100's for the front and will get pro comp 16's.