LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

What the hell's wrong with my shock??

Old 09-07-2010, 06:59 PM   #1
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
What the hell's wrong with my shock??

does this look right? i noticed a little clank while driving today and the washer that goes under the top nut was loose. tried tightening the nut but it just turned the entire shock shaft, so i held the shaft inplace with some vice-grips and tightend the nut as tight as i could, but the washer was still a little loose. what could be wrong? should i just keep trying to tighten the nut? did i run out of thread? HELP please!... this is the driver side. passenger side is fine.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 09-07-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
theres no pic?
Old 09-07-2010, 07:03 PM   #3
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^ its up there. i can see it on my computer...
Old 09-07-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
bump for some help
Old 09-07-2010, 07:05 PM   #5
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

it should be threaded down on top of it..idk maybe your other 3 screws are too long which is why you can ttighten the thread on the middle one. or maybe you forgot a washer...

How long have you used this setup? Was there a 1/2" top plate spacer on it recently?

mine shows simsilar amount of thread on to pin middle screw but is all the way tightened
Old 09-07-2010, 07:05 PM   #6

can you see it now? i used a different image code.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
it should be threaded down on top of it..idk maybe your other 3 screws are too long which is why you can ttighten the thread on the middle one.

How long have you used this setup? Was there a 1/2" top plate spacer on it recently?
had it for about 3 weeks. i did have a top spacer but took them off when i got the 5100's
Old 09-07-2010, 07:07 PM   #8
Almost there

does it look like the threads are stripped? is there a washed underneath the bushing?
Old 09-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #9
Almost there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
had it for about 3 weeks. i did have a top spacer but took them off when i got the 5100's

Are the other 3 nuts floating as well on the screws? which top plate spacer the 1/4" or 1/2"?
Old 09-07-2010, 07:10 PM   #10
autobodyx will become famous soon enough
Name: Mike
autobodyx's Tacoma Gallery
under the frame there is another rubber and washer. The rubber has come apart and or off, or the washer that holds it is missing. the same thing happened to mine and it was a missing washer.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #11

Quote:
does it look like the threads are stripped? is there a washed underneath the bushing?
no. and i dont know if there was a washer underneath because i had a shop do the coils for me. thats proly what it is tho.

Quote:
Are the other 3 nuts floating as well on the screws? which top plate spacer the 1/4" or 1/2"?
no. and i had a 1/4" spacer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobodyx View Post
under the frame there is another rubber and washer. The rubber has come apart and or off, or the washer that holds it is missing. the same thing happened to mine and it was a missing washer.
thats probably what it is. where did you get your washer and rubber from? mine are proly long gone since i had a shop do the work...
Old 09-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #12
Almost there

take it back and tell the to F***ing do it again and do it right
Old 09-07-2010, 07:25 PM   #13
Almost there

Quote:
or maybe you forgot a washer...
Quote:
Originally Posted by autobodyx View Post
Great minds think alike
Old 09-07-2010, 07:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
that top washer looks upside down to me.... but not sure
the washer looks flat, how can it be upside down?
Old 09-07-2010, 07:32 PM   #16

are there any seriouse dangers in running it like this for a while? i dont want the entire shock assembly comming off while driving on the freeway
Old 09-07-2010, 07:45 PM   #19

^^ thanks. i also found this thread http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...g-problem.html its the same exact problem im having. guess ill just order a new bushing and washer and install it myself. i hate using spring compressors!!!

THANKS for all the help guys! rep commin your way

08pretaco - the forum wouldnt let me give you a rep for some reason...
Old 09-07-2010, 08:05 PM   #20
Almost there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
08pretaco - the forum wouldnt let me give you a rep for some reason...

WHAT! maybe I have recieved too much today...idk lol

you have probably given your alotment for the day haha