Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

ProComp 3" spring/shock suspension lift

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2010, 09:57 PM   #1
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
ProComp 3" spring/shock suspension lift

I've searched, and I'm frankly surprised at how few taco owners seem to have installed this lift.

Most of the threads on it seem to incorrectly degenerate into a "spacer lifts are crap" bash fest - so let's be clear up front - this is NOT a spacer lift - it's springs and shocks in the front, AAL and shocks in the rear.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetai...rtno=EXPK5075B

I note with interest that 4wheel parts is having a "free installation" sale on pro comp lifts right now.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #2
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
whats the question?
Old 09-08-2010, 10:11 PM   #3
Tacotronn
TacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TacoTron's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah is there a question in here? Or you trying to make a statement? If you want that lift then get it man, its all up to you. Others choose to go a different route. No Biggy.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:31 PM   #4
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
I guess the question is: if you've installed it, what do you think of it?
Old 09-08-2010, 10:34 PM   #5
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
oh ok. i know a couple ppl have it. they might chime in.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:10 AM   #6
I <3 the mall
luk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to behold

Name: luke
luk3's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking at this same lift... I didn't know that they offered free installation.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:11 AM   #7
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Since I posted the question, here's a link to a thread by a guy who's done the install.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...sion-lift.html
Old 09-30-2010, 11:19 AM   #8
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the kit, its been installed for 25k miles now. The springs are stiffer than factory, however the ride is still pretty good. It can get a little bouncy if you're hauling ass offroad but other than that i've been very pleased with it. It rides very well on road, i also removed my swaybar when I did the installation.

Pictures are in my gallery.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:38 PM   #9
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I have pro comp three inch lift and its pretty good its cheap and I think 4wheelparts is having a special on Oct.9 take a look at that and I also took off my sway bar and it is awsome for going offroading but I put my sway bar back on and I'm gunna make some custom quick disconnects.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:16 AM   #10
I <3 the mall
luk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to behold

luk3's Tacoma Gallery
Could you install the lift by yourself? There dont seem like there are that many parts to it...
Old 10-01-2010, 09:42 AM   #11
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I didn't do it myself its another three hundred bucks to install and alignment but it seems pretty easy to install if you know how to do it
Old 10-01-2010, 02:03 PM   #12
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
i installed mine, took the shocks/springs to a shop and had them switch out the top plates because the procomp coils are so close together i couldn't get a spring compressor inbetween them, total cost - 40 bucks.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:14 PM   #13
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
I have had it for over a year and think its crap. You will need new uca's contrary to what procomp will tell you.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:17 AM   #14
I <3 the mall

luk3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uood8 View Post
i installed mine, took the shocks/springs to a shop and had them switch out the top plates because the procomp coils are so close together i couldn't get a spring compressor inbetween them, total cost - 40 bucks.
so since the coils are so compressed already... The procomp lift must flex a lot!
Old 10-02-2010, 10:47 AM   #15
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr114 View Post
I have had it for over a year and think its crap. You will need new uca's contrary to what procomp will tell you.
You don't really need new control arm my truck is fine with out them but they would be nice to have right now looking at the camburg control arms that uses the stock ball joint cheaper than the uni ball
Old 10-02-2010, 04:05 PM   #16
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacooon View Post
You don't really need new control arm my truck is fine with out them but they would be nice to have right now looking at the camburg control arms that uses the stock ball joint cheaper than the uni ball
then come fix my alignment...cant and wont happen without ucas...these are 17" long, 720lb coil springs. you will definitely get a full 3" of lift and with that you will need to get it realigned. i can tell you that with 285/70/17s it will not realign properly. and with that heavy of a coil, it causes the truck to ride like crap.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:07 PM   #17
I <3 the mall

luk3's Tacoma Gallery
well you guys that say the 3 inch procomp is bad, would you suggest spacers and an aal instead?
Old 10-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #18
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
no i would not suggest spacers.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:30 PM   #19
kingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kingtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
I guess the question is: if you've installed it, what do you think of it?
I had that set up for 6000 miles. It was free. It is a stiff ride, not harsh. As I was upgrading the suspension I noticed that I could compress the shocks pretty easily. That made me wonder when did the shocks start to fail and how long was I riding on just the springs. I wouldn't pay for that lift, just save the money and do it right the first time. No offense to the guys that have it. Its not a bad set up but I would check the rear shocks and if they are bad then the odds are so are the front.

Products Discussed in this Thread