Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

what shocks should i get? 03' 4x4

Old 09-09-2010, 12:43 AM   #1
muychingon is on a distinguished road
muychingon's Tacoma Gallery
what shocks should i get? 03' 4x4

ok so i have a 03' 4x4 with stock everything and i need some new shocks. ive read lots of post about 5100's... are those the best option? i go off road a few times a year and spend some time in the snow during winter just on normal roads. seems everyone likes them because you can level your truck out. i would be replacing all 4 shocks...

will they work with stock coils and are they easy to instal yourself? and how much do they run? i found this website you can order them for 309$ for front and rear... not sure if thats good price or not. here is the website that is selling them:
http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...djustable.html

thanks
Old 09-09-2010, 01:12 AM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by muychingon View Post
ok so i have a 03' 4x4 with stock everything and i need some new shocks. ive read lots of post about 5100's... are those the best option? i go off road a few times a year and spend some time in the snow during winter just on normal roads. seems everyone likes them because you can level your truck out. i would be replacing all 4 shocks...

will they work with stock coils and are they easy to instal yourself? and how much do they run? i found this website you can order them for 309$ for front and rear... not sure if thats good price or not. here is the website that is selling them:
http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...djustable.html

thanks
Down South Motors is the best place to buy them. Plus we getta discount! Billy 5100s are your best option and are very easy to install yourself. You can also use your stock coils with them

Good luck!
Old 09-09-2010, 01:30 AM   #3
sweet! thanks!
Old 09-09-2010, 10:57 AM   #4
ive read in some post that you need to take the stock coils out and bring them to a shop with the 5100's to have them put together...? do you have to do that? i thought you just slide the new shock in the center of the coil thats it