LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

King Coilovers in front, what to do in the rear?

Old 09-09-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
AKtoyTaco has a spectacular aura aboutAKtoyTaco has a spectacular aura aboutAKtoyTaco has a spectacular aura about
Name: Adam
AKtoyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
King Coilovers in front, what to do in the rear?

I've got an '011 Taco on the way and it will be here in about 30-60 days. Double Cab, TRD. I want to have my parts ready by the time the truck gets here, and I'm looking for some input/opinions on the setup.

I've decided to go with King coilovers in the front & King shocks in the rear. The coilovers should give me about 2" - 2.5" of lift in the front and I'm debating what to do to lift the truck in the rear. Or whether a lift in the rear is even neccessary w/ only the 2" in front.

Here are the options as I see them:

1. No lift in the rear
2. AAL
3. Whole new leaf pack

If I go w/ either the AAL or new leaf pack in the rear, how big should I go to match the fron and keep it level?

Also, what can I expect ride quality wise from either the AAL or new leaf pack? I'm looking at Deaver springs right now. Anyone have experience w/ them?

Specifically, I'm looking at the Deaver min-pack which is a 3-leaf setup and should give me about 1.5" of lift.

Thank you in advance for your input & you can bet I'll have pics up as soon as the truck arrives!
Old 09-09-2010, 01:59 PM   #3
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
measure it out.
what do you have in the front right now? add 2.5"
measure the rear whats the difference? thats how much lift you need to level.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:33 PM   #4
AKtoyTaco has a spectacular aura aboutAKtoyTaco has a spectacular aura aboutAKtoyTaco has a spectacular aura about
Name: Adam
AKtoyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
lol, I think the whole 2011 is screwy too. But you are right, '11 makes a lot more sense than '011. I guess that's what I get for typing fast.

I guess part of my quandary is that I don't actually have the truck in my posession yet. It's ordered, but it probably won't be here for another 30+ days. I'm doing my best to line out my mods prior to the truck arriving so that I can jump right in with both feet. I've been budgeting my cash and have around $5-$6K to put into the truck and have been kicking options about the best way to spend it. At this point I'm planning on Kings on all 4 corners, probably the Deaver mini-pack 3-leaf set up in the back, wheels & tires. Leaning towards BFG MT's for tires, and am undecided on wheels. I'm not as picky on the wheels as long as they are black.

any thoughts / suggestions?
Old 09-09-2010, 05:18 PM   #5
mnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Michael
mnudo200827's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKtoyTaco View Post
lol, I think the whole 2011 is screwy too. But you are right, '11 makes a lot more sense than '011. I guess that's what I get for typing fast.

I guess part of my quandary is that I don't actually have the truck in my posession yet. It's ordered, but it probably won't be here for another 30+ days. I'm doing my best to line out my mods prior to the truck arriving so that I can jump right in with both feet. I've been budgeting my cash and have around $5-$6K to put into the truck and have been kicking options about the best way to spend it. At this point I'm planning on Kings on all 4 corners, probably the Deaver mini-pack 3-leaf set up in the back, wheels & tires. Leaning towards BFG MT's for tires, and am undecided on wheels. I'm not as picky on the wheels as long as they are black.

any thoughts / suggestions?
Well the trucks come with the front lower than the rear by about 1.5", so to level it out with 2.5" up front, 1" inch would completely level it. Alcan can make you custom rear springs for $500 and they could put however much lift and payload capacity and ride quality you want. For rims KMC XD Addicts FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!
King Coilovers in front, what to do in the rear?-truck.jpg

King Coilovers in front, what to do in the rear?-truck2.jpg
Old 09-09-2010, 05:28 PM   #6
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
I have Kings all the way around and I have the Toyota TSB and will be getting the Toytec AAL, my kings are set at the lowest setting right now at about 2.25
Old 09-09-2010, 05:58 PM   #7
mnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Bugs Life View Post
I love the lean.

What do you have your c/o's cranked at? 3"?

Also what you got goin on in the back? and those are 33"s right?

Fuck the km2's and addicts look amazing bro
Well i dont know what they are cranked to because i didnt measure before i put them on, but i am guessing about 2.5-3".

Right now i got nothing going on in the back, i got some work equipment in the back weighing it down just a bit, maybe an inch. I am getting my all pro 3" leafs and fox shocks that AP sells next friday so it will level it out but then right after that i am getting the camburg spindles to put the lean back in it.

And yes those are 33's. They are 305/65/17. they are the same diameter of the 285's just wider by like an inch, i think it looks better with the wider tires.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:02 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Bugs Life View Post
SPINDLESSS...HELL YEA, I WANT SOME BAD!

and yea dude wider tires are sexy as shit.. you def. made a good choice on that one
Thanks Bug

Sorry OP for jacking your thread
Old 09-09-2010, 09:00 PM   #9
Sport Rally'er
96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of

96er's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKtoyTaco View Post
I've got an '011 Taco on the way and it will be here in about 30-60 days. Double Cab, TRD. I want to have my parts ready by the time the truck gets here, and I'm looking for some input/opinions on the setup.

I've decided to go with King coilovers in the front & King shocks in the rear. The coilovers should give me about 2" - 2.5" of lift in the front and I'm debating what to do to lift the truck in the rear. Or whether a lift in the rear is even neccessary w/ only the 2" in front.

Here are the options as I see them:

1. No lift in the rear
2. AAL
3. Whole new leaf pack

If I go w/ either the AAL or new leaf pack in the rear, how big should I go to match the fron and keep it level?

Also, what can I expect ride quality wise from either the AAL or new leaf pack? I'm looking at Deaver springs right now. Anyone have experience w/ them?

Specifically, I'm looking at the Deaver min-pack which is a 3-leaf setup and should give me about 1.5" of lift.

Thank you in advance for your input & you can bet I'll have pics up as soon as the truck arrives!
I did the Deaver 3 leaf on my '98 Limited and loved it. Yes you lose a bit of cargo capacity because the overload is replaced, but I didn't tow or haul a lot of stuff around. The ride was nice, just like stock.