Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Tacoma Lift FAQ/Guide - READ THIS

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2013, 10:14 PM   #381
Pabst knows best
banditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
banditstpk's Tacoma Gallery
ya ive been browsing both sites all day trying to make sense of all the stuff they have..
Old 01-20-2013, 10:21 PM   #382
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
davidjmay's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec is pretty easy to understand, wheelers may be a little more difficult if you don't know exactly what you're looking for. Depending on your budget, this is really what I would suggest. It has everything you need for a 5100/eibach setup (Eibach is simply another type of extended length spring, like the OME 882). I would opt for a whole new leaf pack in the rear (OME dakars), which you can select in the options at the bottom of the page.
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 01-20-2013, 11:29 PM   #383
Pabst knows best
banditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

my suspension budget is whatever i can save for... i will get the best i can and i will know exactly what im getting before i get it i will not take corners or simply say no i cant afford it
Old 01-20-2013, 11:48 PM   #384
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well in that case... You could spend upwards of 5 grand on your suspension. Haha but you definitely don't need to do that. Ththe bilsteins and OME are fantastic suspension lifts, look around on this site and you'll learn some things. If you're a DIY person you could buy the parts separate and put them together yourself. Tons of people on here are running those setups and have installed the parts themselves, just look around.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:08 AM   #385
Pabst knows best

well ya i def dont wanna spend that much!!! even without the knowledge that is a lot of money
Old 01-21-2013, 12:12 AM   #386

Ya it is. It just depends what you want the suspension for. A very good suspension setup (bilstein/OME) will run you about 1500 bucks brand new, depending on what you get.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:28 AM   #387
Pabst knows best

well i dont even have a set reason for the suspension just want a simple lift and something that will last
Old 01-21-2013, 12:34 AM   #388
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by banditstpk View Post
where is a good place to find the blisten 5100's? everywhere i have look gives a bunch of options i have no clue what they really mean lol.. im the kind of DIY guy i go in knowing nothing but i research for a long time. built my own computer.. took me 3 months doing research so i did it right and i can now help others i enjoy knowing a lot so everything i learn i remember.. almost like a photographic memory.. i have a very strange knowledge of almost anything.. (except this stuff)
Quote:
my suspension budget is whatever i can save for... i will get the best i can and i will know exactly what im getting before i get it i will not take corners or simply say no i cant afford it
Quote:
well ya i def dont wanna spend that much!!! even without the knowledge that is a lot of money
Quote:
well i dont even have a set reason for the suspension just want a simple lift and something that will last
Um ... ok.

Do you have a price range and goals for the lift? Narrowing down those two parameters should make shopping much easier.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:45 AM   #389

Do your research. Find out what you want, why you want it, and how bad you want it ($). Then ask questions.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:51 AM   #390
Pabst knows best

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Um ... ok.

Do you have a price range and goals for the lift? Narrowing down those two parameters should make shopping much easier.

sorry.. i want a decent basic lift i can go off roading with and not worry about anything..

dont bite my head off for sounding stupid
Old 01-21-2013, 01:06 AM   #391
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
sorry.. i want a decent basic lift i can go off roading with and not worry about anything..

dont bite my head off for sounding stupid
I wasn't biting your head off. I used your quotes to try to guide you towards your answer, which seems to have worked.

First question: What, if anything, has been replaced from the factory installed suspension parts on your '00? If it's all original, everything is almost definitely worn out, so this is an excellent opportunity to replace worn parts while you're doing a lift. Yes, it'll cost more to replace bushings and ball joints, but you don't want to go offroad with the suspension about to fall apart.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:09 AM   #392
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
OME all around. Don't fuck with anything else if you want simple and solid, IMO. Theres other stuff out there but it's easy, good quality, and decent price point.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:10 AM   #393
Pabst knows best

well honestly i havent gotten the truck yet.. i will within the next couple weeks.. but this is all good info to learn and to look at and i thank you for opening my eyes to stuff i didnt think to look at before
Old 01-21-2013, 01:29 AM   #394
Backdoor Commentator

Max echoes a lot of what I've read. ^^^
Quote:
well honestly i havent gotten the truck yet.. i will within the next couple weeks.. but this is all good info to learn and to look at and i thank you for opening my eyes to stuff i didnt think to look at before
Plan to replace the rear springs. They were weak from the factory, and 13 years of gravity hasn't improved them. The front coils are likely worn out, too. If original, all four shocks are toast. A full OME kit can address all of that.

My main concern would be the front suspension wear items; control arm bushings, tie rod ends, and ball joints. Making sure those are in good condition should be your first priority no matter what you do about a lift.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:11 AM   #395
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Max echoes a lot of what I've read. ^^^

Plan to replace the rear springs. They were weak from the factory, and 13 years of gravity hasn't improved them. The front coils are likely worn out, too. If original, all four shocks are toast. A full OME kit can address all of that.

My main concern would be the front suspension wear items; control arm bushings, tie rod ends, and ball joints. Making sure those are in good condition should be your first priority no matter what you do about a lift.
Definitely agreed. Nothing like losing a tire while driving, or killing expensive (or inexpensive really) tires because your bushings are shot and your alignment walks all over the place.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:35 AM   #396
mlafferty00 is on a distinguished road

mlafferty00's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the quick guide. Good read for new members like myself.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #397
Backdoor Commentator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlafferty00 View Post
Thanks for the quick guide. Good read for new members like myself.
Same here. I've read most of the thread, and I appreciate the advice.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #398
Joeyd93 is on a distinguished road
Name: Joey
Joeyd93's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2001 4door 2wd sr5 and I want to get the pre runner look. Would it be okay to do an all around 3" suspension lift then use spacers for the front?
Old 01-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #399
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyd93 View Post
I have a 2001 4door 2wd sr5 and I want to get the pre runner look. Would it be okay to do an all around 3" suspension lift then use spacers for the front?
No. That would be stacking lifts in the front. If you want a bro lean, lift the front 3" and leave the back stock.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:47 AM   #400
ToyTacosRule has a spectacular aura aboutToyTacosRule has a spectacular aura aboutToyTacosRule has a spectacular aura about
Name: Dane
ToyTacosRule's Tacoma Gallery
Leveling

I am planning on getting the Bilstein 5100's all the way around my truck. I am also planning on getting new coil springs. Which Coil Springs go best with the bilstein 5100's? My truck is a 2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Prerunner with the Off Road Package (dunno if the off road package makes any kind of difference as to which coil springs to get). Also I may AAL to the back to allow my truck to maybe carry something in the back of it, if I do that and put the bilsteins in the front up to 2.5 or whatever the max is on them, will I have to drop my transfer case?

Products Discussed in this Thread