Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #461
Thin Blue Line
Sport2012 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Sport2012's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by banditstpk View Post
do they offer free shipping like downsouthmotorsports?
Shipping was $90 for all the boxes to NJ by Fed Ex. Had it in 3 days.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #462
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDJ View Post
I have a rear leaf question, that may be stupid but I'm gonna ask it anyway. Can I replace my weak-ass rear 3 pack on my 2012 OR with the 4 pack off of a sport or SR5. If so would it be worth it?

I had a local company rebuild my factory springs with a heavier leaf in the middle. They curved the leafs to give me more lift in the back to allow for weight from a steel bumper and/or fiberglass shell being added later. I can put 800lbs of pellets in the back and the truck is almost level. Wish I had them when I was towing other trucks around for a buddy!

Cost was around $490 for parts and labor, and it was done in an afternoon. Better than spending a day at a u-pull-it, and then another day in the mud of my driveway fighting with them myself.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:07 AM   #463
Brett C is on a distinguished road
Name: Brett
Brett C's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100 cup direction ?

I read here somewhere that the cup goes up? The instructions says it goes down.Thanks
Old 03-14-2013, 08:15 AM   #464
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett C View Post
I read here somewhere that the cup goes up? The instructions says it goes down.Thanks
Coil seat ?
Old 03-14-2013, 08:45 AM   #465
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett C View Post
It should look like a bell when installed correctly.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:49 AM   #466
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
It should look like a bell when installed correctly.
for the 5100's , OME is the other way
Old 03-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #467
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
for the 5100's , OME is the other way
True. The title of his post referenced 5100s though.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:56 AM   #468
Brett C is on a distinguished road
Name: Brett
Brett C's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, I put on the toytech springs awhile back , now I'm adding the Bilstein 5100's .
Old 03-14-2013, 11:06 AM   #469
BearBait is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
BearBait's Tacoma Gallery
Hey all,
I have an 05 TRD Access Cab. Stock rear leaf springs are cracked (driver side is one good bump from failing altogether). I picked up a set of barely used Skyjacker TCR515S Soft ride springs that should jump the rear up about 1.5 inches. I want to put the Bilstein 5100 adjustable heights in the front. If the 5100's need to be set at 1.75 to level the stock leafs where do I need to set them for the additional 1.5 the Skyjackers will add?

I've been through and through trying to find an answer to avoid asking a question that has already been asked a million times, but no luck. Any help if hugely appreciated!
Old 03-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #470
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearBait View Post
Hey all,
I have an 05 TRD Access Cab. Stock rear leaf springs are cracked (driver side is one good bump from failing altogether). I picked up a set of barely used Skyjacker TCR515S Soft ride springs that should jump the rear up about 1.5 inches. I want to put the Bilstein 5100 adjustable heights in the front. If the 5100's need to be set at 1.75 to level the stock leafs where do I need to set them for the additional 1.5 the Skyjackers will add?

I've been through and through trying to find an answer to avoid asking a question that has already been asked a million times, but no luck. Any help if hugely appreciated!
Most folks run 2.5" front with1.5" rear.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #471

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
True. The title of his post referenced 5100s though.
don't see that
Old 03-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #472
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Yes, they are interchangeable.

It'll help some in the short term, but plan on needing to rebuild or replace the OEM 4 leaf springs, too. I skipped that step and bought OME Dakars.
Hells yeah! OME products are great IMO. I ran Dakar leafs in my 95 and couldn't have been happier. It beat the hell out of replacing stock springs (aftermarket and OEM, which I broke). Tacomas still have shit springs after all of these years. SMH.

I installed the 2" OME Heavy Kit (SKU: OMETACO5HK) on my 2011 and can really freight the truck without much sag in the rear. As a DD under warranty I can't afford to go up 6" yet, so the 2" was a perfect option. The truck handles a lot better as well. You can have the dealer install it as well and avoid them hassling you about warranty issues. I did my own (fairly easy install) so I could afford to buy armor.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #474
Cwpick76 is on a distinguished road

Army: IT
Name: CW
Cwpick76's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for advice/information

Have a 2013 4x4 Tacoma. I want to strengthen the suspension to be able to handle fast off road driving (trails/fields, desert/sand, bumps hops etc...) Any help or suggestions
Old 03-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #475

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Interesting , doesn't show that way on Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #476
Most people call me ... Jim.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwpick76 View Post
Have a 2013 4x4 Tacoma. I want to strengthen the suspension to be able to handle fast off road driving (trails/fields, desert/sand, bumps hops etc...) Any help or suggestions
I'd suggest reading the Mid Travel and Long Travel threads for gussetting tips. You also need to think about what kind of aftermarket suspension you want to use, because the OEM parts won't like that kind of abuse.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:48 AM   #477
Cwpick76 is on a distinguished road

Army: IT
Name: CW
Cwpick76's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I'd suggest reading the Mid Travel and Long Travel threads for gussetting tips. You also need to think about what kind of aftermarket suspension you want to use, because the OEM parts won't like that kind of abuse.
Didn't see a midtravel thread. Wasnt sure if long travel was the option. I understand that I would need to replace pretty much all of OEM suspension. but wasn't sure about what I need to save some money up to buy. and any help with reliable brands of aftermarket would be great. also if there are any particular specs i need to take into account when buying upgrades would be helpful.

I am not looking for full race spec or anything like that (unless I need to). I want to build a parts list to start working on an upgrade until i have a full set of what I need.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #478
Most people call me ... Jim.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwpick76 View Post
Didn't see a midtravel thread. Wasnt sure if long travel was the option. I understand that I would need to replace pretty much all of OEM suspension. but wasn't sure about what I need to save some money up to buy. and any help with reliable brands of aftermarket would be great. also if there are any particular specs i need to take into account when buying upgrades would be helpful.

I am not looking for full race spec or anything like that (unless I need to). I want to build a parts list to start working on an upgrade until i have a full set of what I need.
I'm by no means a knowledgeable person on Tacoma suspensions, but this is an overview of what I've picked up from a few months on TW.

Mid Travel with BS Thread - There's a LOT of information in there, but it isn't always easy to find what you're after. I subscribed mainly to follow along. Try seaching that thread for ideas.

2nd Gen. Builds - Start cruising through these to get a feel for what you like, what modifications will allow you to do what you want to do, etc. People are usually happy to answer questions in their build threads, and many have detailed information, like DIYs and parts lists. For example, here's the parts list for my mid travel suspension.

My mid travel setup is actually fairly mild compared to many, but it should be fine for me. Before tires, I'll have a little over $3k in the suspension. There are less expensive, very capable options that may also meet your needs, such as an OME, Bilstein, or other setup.

Long travel is a whole different world, with amazing amounts of money spent to build amazingly capable trucks. LT trucks can make high speed desert runs through terrain that's beat anything else to death, and they can make very impressive jumps in the dunes. They aren't the most practical vehicles for daily drivers, and if you get into LT, you'll get used to making repairs. If you read an LT build thread, you'll see what I mean. Done right, LT will cost several thousand in parts and a take lot of labor. While an MT suspension can largely be a bolt-on install, LT will require a fair amount of welding to reinforce a lot of areas, along with other custom work.

Take your time and you'll find the right answer for you.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #479
Rollin77 is on a distinguished road
Rollin77's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

So I'm another looking to get some height and a much better ride out of my stiff 2011 TRD dual cab. (Im looking for 3"). I don't off road almost ever. I'm looking to run a larger wheel, preferably a 20, but I could go down to 18. (Ex- 285/70/20- somewhere in that are). I'm hearing lots about toytec and OME. I would also change the UCAs. what's the best equipment from both that'll work perfect for me? You guys are great!!
Thanks alot
Old 03-18-2013, 10:16 AM   #480
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin77 View Post
So I'm another looking to get some height and a much better ride out of my stiff 2011 TRD dual cab. (Im looking for 3"). I don't off road almost ever. I'm looking to run a larger wheel, preferably a 20, but I could go down to 18. (Ex- 285/70/20- somewhere in that are). I'm hearing lots about toytec and OME. I would also change the UCAs. what's the best equipment from both that'll work perfect for me? You guys are great!!
Thanks alot
OME is great on road & off.
OME 885s without a spacer will give you 2.5" & with a 1/4" spacer will give you a full 3".
Dakars in rear if you want to maintain rake or 1 1/2" to 2" AAL if you want to level it.

Products Discussed in this Thread