Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #521
ryan27 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
ryan27's Tacoma Gallery
so i dont have to take off the body lift but it is recommended
Old 06-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #522
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan27 View Post
so i dont have to take off the body lift but it is recommended
Of all methods to obtain lift, a body lift is the least preferred. The one exception being a show truck that'll never ever see a trail.

You do not need to do anything to the body lift to add a suspension lift.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #523
ryan27 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
ryan27's Tacoma Gallery
ok thanks when i bought my truck it came with a body lift and i wanted to add a 3inch suspension
Old 06-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #524
TheUltimateTaco is on a distinguished road
TheUltimateTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Looking to buy a 275/70/16 All-Terrain BFG KOe2, how much of a lift if any do I need, whats the best I need for this little of a lift, do I need to space it out any from my truck? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #525
My boys need a house.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimateTaco View Post
Looking to buy a 275/70/16 All-Terrain BFG KOe2, how much of a lift if any do I need, whats the best I need for this little of a lift, do I need to space it out any from my truck? Thanks in advance.
FWIW, I'm running DuraTracs in 265/70-16 on OEM wheels on a 2012 OR. No rubbing with stock suspension, even during full stuff and lock-to-lock offroad. ^Your tire size and mine are very close, but the extra 0.6" is what may cause the problem.

BFG

Goodyear
Old 06-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #526
So do I need a lift at all?
Old 06-15-2013, 11:19 AM   #527
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm running 265/70-17 which is .4" bigger than that tire on my stock set-up. I had to remove the small flaps in front of the front wheel wells because I was hitting the passenger side one when going in reverse. Other than that, no issues. You should be fine with no changes.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #528
My boys need a house.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
I'm running 265/70-17 which is .4" bigger than that tire on my stock set-up. I had to remove the small flaps in front of the front wheel wells because I was hitting the passenger side one when going in reverse. Other than that, no issues. You should be fine with no changes.
Except his new size (275) is approximately 0.4" wider than that. 285 series on OEM wheels is where people report more rubbing problems. Maybe it won't be a problem, but it'll be close.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #529
Damn, was really hoping to hear if someone had this tire size to see. But my dad said my truck doesnt have the front flaps so I shouldnt have that problem. I wanna save money where I can cause the tires are gonna be 1078 $
Old 06-15-2013, 11:46 AM   #530
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Quote:
Damn, was really hoping to hear if someone had this tire size to see. But my dad said my truck doesnt have the front flaps so I shouldnt have that problem. I wanna save money where I can cause the tires are gonna be 1078 $
265/75-16 is probably what you should get if you're trying to save money. Nothing to worry about with that size.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #531
Was lookin for a wide tire though.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #532

Air Force:
I personally don't think that .4" would be all that noticeable of a difference. If you were looking at 285s then you'd notice the size difference more. Do you have meaty tires right now? If not, going to meaty off-road 265s (duratracs/AT-KOs) would make a big difference in the looks.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #533
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Except his new size (275) is approximately 0.4" wider than that. 285 series on OEM wheels is where people report more rubbing problems. Maybe it won't be a problem, but it'll be close.
I run 275/70/17 on stock wheels , no rub
Old 06-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #534

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I run 275/70/17 on stock wheels , no rub
Yeah but you're lifted, not sure if that makes a difference.

Wish I would've known I was going to lift my truck when I put new tires on a month ago....would've probably gone that size instead of 265s. Oh well, I think it'll still look fine, just not quite as good.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #535
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah but you're lifted, not sure if that makes a difference.

Wish I would've known I was going to lift my truck when I put new tires on a month ago....would've probably gone that size instead of 265s. Oh well, I think it'll still look fine, just not quite as good.
I mean they don't rub the UCA
Old 06-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #536
My boys need a house.

Quote:
265/75-16 is probably what you should get if you're trying to save money. Nothing to worry about with that size.
Yup, except I think he's shopping with a 17" wheel in mind.
Quote:
Was lookin for a wide tire though.
Why?
Quote:
I personally don't think that .4" would be all that noticeable of a difference. If you were looking at 285s then you'd notice the size difference more. Do you have meaty tires right now? If not, going to meaty off-road 265s (duratracs/AT-KOs) would make a big difference in the looks.
I agree. Going from 265/70-16 (OEM) to 265/75-16 in DuraTrac made a difference in appearance, but the road and offroad performance differences were much more noticeable. If you're concerned about traction with a slightly narrower tire, don't be. Aired down a little, a 265 or 275 will do fine.

Old 06-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #537
Well on my truck now is a 245/75/16. Sticking with stock rims. I want a beefy off road look which I get from those BFGs and I want them to last a long time.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #538
I was thinkin 275/70/16 would beast up my look but only concern is, will I rub
Old 06-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #539
My boys need a house.

Quote:
I thought you were looking for a 17" tire; my fault.
Is that size even available in a 16" BFG KO?
Old 06-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #540
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I thought you were looking for a 17" tire; my fault.
Is that size even available in a 16" BFG KO?
Yes sir it is in my area. They go down to a 15 inch rim.

Products Discussed in this Thread