Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Tacoma Lift FAQ/Guide - READ THIS

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #541
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimateTaco View Post
Yes sir it is in my area. They go down to a 15 inch rim.
I was referring to the specific size of 275/70-16. I didn't see that size available before, but now I do.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #542
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I was referring to the specific size of 275/70-16. I didn't see that size available before, but now I do.
I don't
Old 06-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #543
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I don't
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....WLV2&tab=Sizes

TireRack unhelpfully buries the currently selected size in the data box near the top of the page, and leaves it off the Other Sizes tab. I wish they'd just highlight the selected size in the full chart.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #544
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....WLV2&tab=Sizes

TireRack unhelpfully buries the currently selected size in the data box near the top of the page, and leaves it off the Other Sizes tab. I wish they'd just highlight the selected size in the full chart.
Now I do
Old 06-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #545
TheUltimateTaco is on a distinguished road
TheUltimateTaco's Tacoma Gallery
How close are you guys to rubbing on a 265?
Old 06-15-2013, 05:10 PM   #546

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't have 265's anymore
Old 06-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #547
Well, let's play chess.

Quote:
265/75-16 on stock OR wheels, with stock OR suspension = no rubbing under any circumstances.

Iirc, there's a little less than an inch of clearance to my aftermarket mud flap when at full lock, sitting still. Do a search for 275 series and see what others have found, but 265 is the safe bet with OEM wheels and suspension.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #548
TheUltimateTaco is on a distinguished road
TheUltimateTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
265/75-16 on stock OR wheels, with stock OR suspension = no rubbing under any circumstances.

Iirc, there's a little less than an inch of clearance to my aftermarket mud flap when at full lock, sitting still. Do a search for 275 series and see what others have found, but 265 is the safe bet with OEM wheels and suspension.
Thanks for the help
Old 06-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #549
Ulysiss has a spectacular aura aboutUlysiss has a spectacular aura about

Name: Ulysiss
Ulysiss's Tacoma Gallery
I have 2013 stock, looking for 265/75/16 tires that look agressive
But still feel smoth on the road not doing offroading any suggestions
With pictures
Old 06-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #550
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysiss View Post
With pictures
Nitto Terra Grapplers. Check my gallery for pics, they're what I'm running now.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #552
Burnt C6 is on a distinguished road

Name: David
Burnt C6's Tacoma Gallery
Man great info in this thread. Im starting to gather parts for my mods. This really helps a lot. Now all I need to find is a thread that tells me why when I did the Cruse Control mod to my truck it does not work.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #553
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt C6 View Post
Man great info in this thread. Im starting to gather parts for my mods. This really helps a lot. Now all I need to find is a thread that tells me why when I did the Cruse Control mod to my truck it does not work.
Did you check to make sure the brick was still on the gas pedal? Sometimes mine slides off.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #554
Well, let's play chess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysiss View Post
With pictures
Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac

Old 06-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #555
Derfus is on a distinguished road

Derfus's Tacoma Gallery
I've been reading for days and I am pretty sure it'll work but I wanted to ask just to be sure when money is involved. I've got a 2008 AC sport. I've got a new set of 5100's in my garage but I'd like to make the truck as functional as possible as far as suspension travel goes, or at least keep all of my stock travel. So, will I gain anything with a set of OME 884's with the 5100's? I've read several times its fine to run this set up with the shocks set at 0. One of my worries is needing UCA's and I don't want that if I can stay stock on those. I'd like to run 265/70/17 or 265/75/17 if I can do it. I know I can run those sizes stock I'm just worried about getting my alignment in spec.

Also I pull a camper on occasion so ill need to keep a little rake in the rear. My truck has the stock 3 leaf pack on it. 1.5 AAL?

Will I need a front diff drop for the cv angles with this set up I'm talking about? Longer brake lines? All my lift/bigger tire knowledge is late 70's ford trucks so this is a whole new world. Any help or advice with be appreciated.

Thanks y'all.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:47 AM   #556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derfus View Post
I've been reading for days and I am pretty sure it'll work but I wanted to ask just to be sure when money is involved. I've got a 2008 AC sport. I've got a new set of 5100's in my garage but I'd like to make the truck as functional as possible as far as suspension travel goes, or at least keep all of my stock travel. So, will I gain anything with a set of OME 884's with the 5100's? I've read several times its fine to run this set up with the shocks set at 0. One of my worries is needing UCA's and I don't want that if I can stay stock on those. I'd like to run 265/70/17 or 265/75/17 if I can do it. I know I can run those sizes stock I'm just worried about getting my alignment in spec.

Also I pull a camper on occasion so ill need to keep a little rake in the rear. My truck has the stock 3 leaf pack on it. 1.5 AAL?

Will I need a front diff drop for the cv angles with this set up I'm talking about? Longer brake lines? All my lift/bigger tire knowledge is late 70's ford trucks so this is a whole new world. Any help or advice with be appreciated.

Thanks y'all.
You don't need rake brother, you need rear springs that don't suck. Install Dakars and longer billies in the rear, and 884s in the front with the 5100s you have.

The Dakars are designed for overlanding, they can take the weight and are exceptional springs.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:55 AM   #557

Derfus's Tacoma Gallery
I should have posted before I got the new 5100's. They showed up Friday and the rears are the "0-1.5" shocks. I may run a AAL set up for a bit since I cant throw another $400+ at new leaf packs right now. Or I may wait till I get all the parts to do it right and then do the install.

Any input on this set up and UCA's? I want to avoid new UCA's at all costs since from what I've seen they are mighty proud of those things.

Thanks for the reply
Old 06-18-2013, 07:30 AM   #558

Quote:
I should have posted before I got the new 5100's. They showed up Friday and the rears are the "0-1.5" shocks. I may run a AAL set up for a bit since I cant throw another $400+ at new leaf packs right now. Or I may wait till I get all the parts to do it right and then do the install.

Any input on this set up and UCA's? I want to avoid new UCA's at all costs since from what I've seen they are mighty proud of those things.

Thanks for the reply
There's nothing wrong with running your 5100's set to 0 with the OME springs up front, and a lot of guys are running that setup with great success.

As long as you keep the lift 3" or less you won't need UCAs. Running around 2" of lift will let you install a true 32" tire with minimal to no rubbing.

You can always sell the rear addaleafs and shocks as new in box here on TW, recoup the money, and work on getting your dakars and longer billies for the rear. When you've got everything you can take a day for the install and presto-blamo!

Or you can run the addaleafs and billies you have for now and save up for the upgrade later. Then sell the old stuff on TW.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:28 AM   #559

Derfus's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you sir!! This has been a real learning experience to say the least. Lifting my old solid axle fords was cheap and easy. Little more to these trucks ha ha.

Thanks again.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #560
Well, let's play chess.

Quote:
If you end up wanting UCAs, Headstrong Offroad sells Light Racing UCAs for $375, delivered.

Products Discussed in this Thread