Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Tacoma Lift FAQ/Guide - READ THIS

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #561
backyard mechanic
aw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: NJDOC
Name: Andrew
aw10tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 2011 access base model v6. i just had toyota install the tsb on the leaf springs because of the harsh ride with weight in the bed...
now ive just purchased a 3" pro comp coil over with blocks but supposedly pro comp has the blocks for this lift on back order for close to or over about 500 orders and are not going to be ready until early july....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/221210548848
any comments on this lift? as of right now im going to my local 4x4 shop nd just picking up any companys blocks so i can install the lift
Old 06-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #562
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw10tacoma View Post
i have a 2011 access base model v6. i just had toyota install the tsb on the leaf springs because of the harsh ride with weight in the bed...
now ive just purchased a 3" pro comp coil over with blocks but supposedly pro comp has the blocks for this lift on back order for close to or over about 500 orders and are not going to be ready until early july....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/221210548848
any comments on this lift? as of right now im going to my local 4x4 shop nd just picking up any companys blocks so i can install the lift
Blocks are garbage to be avoided. The kit you linked gains lift in the rear with AAL, and gains lift in the front with upgraded springs. Should be good for on road and light off roading.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #563
backyard mechanic
aw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
Blocks are garbage to be avoided. The kit you linked gains lift in the rear with AAL, and gains lift in the front with upgraded springs. Should be good for on road and light off roading.
im not looking to be going off roading with the lift... i just want a little more height to the truck and i use it for work... the aal was just the picture the "company" on ebay contacted me and said it would be best for my truck to have the blocks and the leafs were for sagging leafs
Old 06-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #564
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
im not looking to be going off roading with the lift... i just want a little more height to the truck and i use it for work... the aal was just the picture the "company" on ebay contacted me and said it would be best for my truck to have the blocks and the leafs were for sagging leafs
Axle wrap my man. Blocks amplify axle wrap among a myriad of other crappy side effects. On road or off, blocks are garbage. If you're going to haul a lot you want Dakars. They are designed to handle a sustained load.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:33 AM   #565
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not sure I'd buy from a place that recommends blocks over adding a leaf.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:30 AM   #566
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
if you dont want to spend money get 5lug springs guys. they can be had on here for less than $100. get your shits straight
Old 06-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #567

Quote:
Originally Posted by disc0monkey View Post
if you dont want to spend money get 5lug springs guys. they can be had on here for less than $100. get your shits straight
He wants to lift the truck and be able to haul/tow, what good are shitty springs for a 5-lug gonna do to help him?

PS- Sometimes my shits lay in the toilet a little curly and snake-like.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #568
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
He wants to lift the truck and be able to haul/tow, what good are shitty springs for a 5-lug gonna do to help him?

PS- Sometimes my shits lay in the toilet a little curly and snake-like.
its better than a AAL. They have better payload then stock 6lug springs. They offer 1.75" of lift. If you dont have money for a full pack its the best option.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #569

Quote:
its better than a AAL. They have better payload then stock 6lug springs. They offer 1.75" of lift. If you dont have money for a full pack its the best option.
At best it's a short-term solution. Best to just save up for the full pack and do the job right the first time.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #570

Quote:
At best it's a short-term solution. Best to just save up for the full pack and do the job right the first time.
absolutely. better then a AAL is all i said. people use AALs here long-term all the time.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #571

Quote:
absolutely. better then a AAL is all i said. people use AALs here long-term all the time.
Yeah, I'm just not too into the AAL because the OEM springs are so crappy. To me it's like building a really nice house on shitty foundation.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #572
backyard mechanic

Quote:
Yeah, I'm just not too into the AAL because the OEM springs are so crappy. To me it's like building a really nice house on shitty foundation.
so what do you suggest i do with what ive ordered im receiving the coilover shocks but no block until july but im not waiting to install it... as i said im not looking to go offroading like a maniac with it but yes hauling and having tools in my bed are a factor i need it to still be able to hold weight nd not bottom out... the guy who is doing my truck with me said i should just get the blocks from a different company nd itll be the same but if blocks arent the way to go what do i need...
Old 06-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #573

Quote:
so what do you suggest i do with what ive ordered im receiving the coilover shocks but no block until july but im not waiting to install it... as i said im not looking to go offroading like a maniac with it but yes hauling and having tools in my bed are a factor i need it to still be able to hold weight nd not bottom out... the guy who is doing my truck with me said i should just get the blocks from a different company nd itll be the same but if blocks arent the way to go what do i need...
Throw in the AAL now, or find some 5 lug springs with lift built in (as suggested above). Save up for the leaf pack and sell off the old stuff when you upgrade.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #574
backyard mechanic

Quote:
Throw in the AAL now, or find some 5 lug springs with lift built in (as suggested above). Save up for the leaf pack and sell off the old stuff when you upgrade.
well the item ive ordered doesnt come with the aal it comes with blocks... so im thinking about buying the dakar leaf pack... would that be the thing to do also found ome coilovers for 300.00 with 10,000 miles put on them... is that a good buy to relpace the front pro comps nd just return the package to the company?
Old 06-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #575

Quote:
well the item ive ordered doesnt come with the aal it comes with blocks... so im thinking about buying the dakar leaf pack... would that be the thing to do also found ome coilovers for 300.00 with 10,000 miles put on them... is that a good buy to relpace the front pro comps nd just return the package to the company?
Better products if you've got the dough. Return the bullshit (procomp). OME struts for 300 and 10k, fair price (250 if you consider they could have beaten on them). Make sure the OME coil is the right one... For gen 2 taco 885 no front armor, 886 with front armor.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:10 AM   #577

Quote:
Its the 885s
885s are the ones for you, so long as you don't plan on adding any armor (front bumper, heavy skid, etc). Those will get you about 2-2.25" inches of lift. If you want a little more lift down the road the 1/4" spacers are cheap and easy to install. The Dakars will get you around 2.75".

You'll be really happy with the OME setup. You may have to get the sway bar relocation kit (if the sway rubs the strut, a lot of us don't even run a sway bar). You should order the carrier bearing drop and the axle shims as well and keep them on hand if you develop any vibes. Some do, some don't. http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacomasuspmisc.htm

All said and done you'll be saving a few hundred bucks, and you'll have the best all round lift.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:36 AM   #578
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure those used 885's are the 885x coils
Old 06-20-2013, 08:45 AM   #579

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Make sure those used 885's are the 885x coils
I missed you If he can get those struts for 250-300, it's not a bad deal even if they are the older 885. Spacers are cheap.

Products Discussed in this Thread