Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Tacoma Lift FAQ/Guide - READ THIS

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #602
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw10tacoma View Post
ome 885xs with 1/4'' spacers and a trim packer on the driverside front.... nothings installed yet still waiting for shippment thru customs for the leafs...
That's your springs, what shocks are you using?
Old 06-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #603
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Quote:
ome 885xs with 1/4'' spacers and a trim packer on the driverside front.... nothings installed yet still waiting for shippment thru customs for the leafs...
If you got OME shocks with the 885s, I'd go with OME shocks for the back too so you get the same ride front and back. I would make sure they're matched as well. There are 2 different OME shocks.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #604
backyard mechanic
aw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: NJDOC
Name: Andrew
aw10tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
If you got OME shocks with the 885s, I'd go with OME shocks for the back too so you get the same ride front and back. I would make sure they're matched as well. There are 2 different OME shocks.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tacoma-OME-8...p2047675.l2557
this is what i purchased off ebay
OME Rear leaf springs
UB-75 U-Bolts with hardware
U Bolt Length: 7.5 Inch
Front Top Plate Spacer (One - 1/4")
OME Trim Packer
UB-75(1) 9/16" x 18TP x 2.5" X 7.5" U-bolt
this is what i got off toyotec
Old 06-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #605

Air Force:
Quote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tacoma-OME-8...p2047675.l2557
this is what i purchased off ebay
OME Rear leaf springs
UB-75 U-Bolts with hardware
U Bolt Length: 7.5 Inch
Front Top Plate Spacer (One - 1/4")
OME Trim Packer
UB-75(1) 9/16" x 18TP x 2.5" X 7.5" U-bolt
this is what i got off toyotec
He doesn't specify which shock that is but it is an OME shock. So I would get these for the rear:
http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...oma_p_228.html
Old 06-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #607

Air Force:
Quote:
on the ones in the pic if you zoom in you can see nitro charger inside the coil on the left one... idk if what helps... new to this stuff and saw a lot of ppl saying good things about the one lifts etc...
Yah, but there is nitrocharger and there is nitrocharger sports. If you can still contact the seller, you might want to ask him which one it is so you can get the matching ones for the rear.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #608

Air Force:
Some info on the 2 different ones from Wheerler's:

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upometaco.htm

OME 60091 NitroCharger Sport Rear Shock Set: 200.00/pr OME's new NitroCharger Sport Rear Shock Set, valved for a more responsive and sport oriented ride. 13.85"x23.93".
OME N182 NitroCharger Rear Shock Set: 186.00/pr OME's original NitroCharger series rear shock set. 13.85"x23.93".
Old 06-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #610
backyard mechanic
aw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedaw10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: NJDOC
Name: Andrew
aw10tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
Some info on the 2 different ones from Wheerler's:

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upometaco.htm

OME 60091 NitroCharger Sport Rear Shock Set: 200.00/pr OME's new NitroCharger Sport Rear Shock Set, valved for a more responsive and sport oriented ride. 13.85"x23.93".
OME N182 NitroCharger Rear Shock Set: 186.00/pr OME's original NitroCharger series rear shock set. 13.85"x23.93".
just got in contact with the seller and they are the sports... thanks for mentioning that didnt think to ask
Old 06-26-2013, 02:58 PM   #613
Ninjayota will become famous soon enoughNinjayota will become famous soon enough
Ninjayota's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but I'm having no luck finding it.

I have a slight vibration from a stop and still have the rear leafs that are 2 leafs and 1 overload. I'm guessing these are the non tsb leafs. I'm looking to add 1.5" to the rear so I figured I'd get a set of aal's to put on it. From what I'm seeing these will work with the non tsb leaf packs as well, but will they help with the axle wrap? I've seen posts mentioning they will but I don't want to put them in and have to do something else to fix it. I'd like to kill 2 birds with 1 stone if possible.

I'm also seeing leaf packs that give 1.5" of lift but they are set up for uses that my truck will never see. Is there a leaf pack that gives the amount of lift I want that will basically be something like stock?
Old 06-26-2013, 03:45 PM   #614
BioWheelin is on a distinguished road

BioWheelin's Tacoma Gallery
Great thread! I have all my lifting needs now.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:00 PM   #615
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma Lift FAQ/Guide - READ THIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjayota View Post
I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but I'm having no luck finding it.

I have a slight vibration from a stop and still have the rear leafs that are 2 leafs and 1 overload. I'm guessing these are the non tsb leafs. I'm looking to add 1.5" to the rear so I figured I'd get a set of aal's to put on it. From what I'm seeing these will work with the non tsb leaf packs as well, but will they help with the axle wrap? I've seen posts mentioning they will but I don't want to put them in and have to do something else to fix it. I'd like to kill 2 birds with 1 stone if possible.

I'm also seeing leaf packs that give 1.5" of lift but they are set up for uses that my truck will never see. Is there a leaf pack that gives the amount of lift I want that will basically be something like stock?
Read up on the WheelersOffroad HD spring pack. Could be just what you need. Or you could get the Dakars and spacers up front (if you are really on a budget). Or there's a thread on here where you rebuild the stock leaf pack with some donor Chevy springs from a boneyard. Lots of options. I say lift the truck, full OME
Old 06-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #616
Ninjayota will become famous soon enoughNinjayota will become famous soon enough
Ninjayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
Read up on the WheelersOffroad HD spring pack. Could be just what you need. Or you could get the Dakars and spacers up front (if you are really on a budget). Or there's a thread on here where you rebuild the stock leaf pack with some donor Chevy springs from a boneyard. Lots of options. I say lift the truck, full OME
I just got off the phone with the local dealer and they're ordering the parts to fix the vibes under the tsb. The only problem is that it didn't say what the fix was for the leafs. He said it would replace the steering damper, rear engine bushing(did he actually mean the carrier bearing bushing?), and fixes the leafs, but it didn't say exactly what it did. Hopefully I'll get the whole new leaf pack and not some other type of fix.

I'd love to go a full 3" front and rear but I don't want to have to replace a bunch of other stuff just for that amount of lift. I plan to set the 5100's at 1.75 in the front and get the 1.5" aal for the rear with rear 5100's. With this setup there isn't anything else that needs replaced is there?
Old 06-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #617

Air Force:
Quote:
I just got off the phone with the local dealer and they're ordering the parts to fix the vibes under the tsb. The only problem is that it didn't say what the fix was for the leafs. He said it would replace the steering damper, rear engine bushing(did he actually mean the carrier bearing bushing?), and fixes the leafs, but it didn't say exactly what it did. Hopefully I'll get the whole new leaf pack and not some other type of fix.

I'd love to go a full 3" front and rear but I don't want to have to replace a bunch of other stuff just for that amount of lift. I plan to set the 5100's at 1.75 in the front and get the 1.5" aal for the rear with rear 5100's. With this setup there isn't anything else that needs replaced is there?
I had the driveline vibration TSB done on mine, didn't help at all. What they replace is actually a transmission mount, new leaf packs (could be 3 or 4 leaf...there are TSB versions of both) and the steering dampener. Like I said though....didn't help me at all and my service adviser told me it wouldn't. My 3" OME lift seems to have cured all my issues though!
Old 06-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #618
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

I said full OME for a reason. Do the research, all the answers are here in TW. You won't have to replace anything, and you'll replace those junk rear leafs.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:19 PM   #619
Newlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Newlife's Tacoma Gallery
OK so I am new here and I have read quiet a few pages on this. I am not planning on doing off roading as I am just a 2wd. But I do want to level out the front of the the truck especially to go with the new tires I put on. I put a 265/75/16 hankook dynapro atm because I got them for a steal. (500.00 M &b and lifetime rotation otd) I have read where people hated or loved the spacers on top of the strut assembly. And I have seen where a lot of people used the 5100's. The spacers are the cheaper alternative. And require less hassle. But would the 5100's with stock everything else level the front? Later on in life I may lift but right now just want it to be even.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:50 PM   #620

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newlife View Post
OK so I am new here and I have read quiet a few pages on this. I am not planning on doing off roading as I am just a 2wd. But I do want to level out the front of the the truck especially to go with the new tires I put on. I put a 265/75/16 hankook dynapro atm because I got them for a steal. (500.00 M &b and lifetime rotation otd) I have read where people hated or loved the spacers on top of the strut assembly. And I have seen where a lot of people used the 5100's. The spacers are the cheaper alternative. And require less hassle. But would the 5100's with stock everything else level the front? Later on in life I may lift but right now just want it to be even.
I'm not at all a fan of spacers, but given your situation it'll get the job done and you can save up for a more substantive lift later on.

Don't discount the 2WD ability to off road if you have a rear locker. Dog will hunt.

Products Discussed in this Thread