Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Tacoma Lift FAQ/Guide - READ THIS

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-24-2013, 09:41 AM   #801
RileySB
rileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Gen
rileySB's Tacoma Gallery
5100s/887 coils- netted 3" lift.
Here are the alignment specs done at a local tire shop with a "brand new machine". Seems almost too good to be true…Am I crazy? Or did I give up the toe to get the camber in spec?

Old 11-26-2013, 08:14 AM   #802
BAMATACO12 is on a distinguished road

Name: John
BAMATACO12's Tacoma Gallery
Currently looking at a 2.5 inch Rough Country suspension lift, I have a 2002 4x4 TRD, and just looking to run 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverrer STTs. I do very light wheeling, mostly just at the hunting club. What do yall think of this suspension/set up? Thanks
Old 11-26-2013, 08:26 AM   #803
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMATACO12 View Post
Currently looking at a 2.5 inch Rough Country suspension lift, I have a 2002 4x4 TRD, and just looking to run 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverrer STTs. I do very light wheeling, mostly just at the hunting club. What do yall think of this suspension/set up? Thanks
For the money the kit'll get you there. Don't pound on the truck too much and it'll last awhile. Get yourself a diff drop for the front, it'll help alleviate the CV angles a little. You should consider upgrading to greasable shackle bolts for the rear. And the final upgrade you should look into are SS braided brake lines. Be careful to set up your rear portioning valve properly, or it'll start to mess with your braking.

I believe the tires will fit fine, with maybe a little rub if you're really flexing the truck.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #804
Last Straw of Brittfartikus
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMATACO12 View Post
If the truck still has the original ball joints, tie rod ends, and control arm bushings, don't be surprised if they need to be replaced, too.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:32 AM   #805
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
If the truck still has the original ball joints, tie rod ends, and control arm bushings, don't be surprised if they need to be replaced, too.
^What he said. It'd be a good time to do them all if they are worn anyway.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #806
Seasonrider20 is on a distinguished road
Army: Officer
Name: Bryan
Seasonrider20's Tacoma Gallery
So have a 2013 trd off road 4wd. Looking to do a 3" lift and have done a lot of research yet still decided. My budget isnt too much of a factor cause I would rather spend the money and do it right. I tuned euro cars for years but have now moved onto trucks and finding myself a little lost so here it goes.
Want a 3" lift (not a leveling kit) with 17" fuel boost rims on a...idk 28-30" tire, reccomendations welcome. For the lift it seems like it has narrowed down to 5100s in front and the rear with a leaf pack. Or the $1000 3" kit from rough country. I would only be using the truck for light off roading so not looking for anything crazy. Again don't know much about lifts so feel free to outline it like I've never seen a truck before.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #807
Seasonrider20 is on a distinguished road
Army: Officer
Name: Bryan
Seasonrider20's Tacoma Gallery
and yeah didn't even re read it so a ton of typos
Old 11-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #808
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasonrider20 View Post
So have a 2013 trd off road 4wd. Looking to do a 3" lift and have done a lot of research yet still decided. My budget isnt too much of a factor cause I would rather spend the money and do it right. I tuned euro cars for years but have now moved onto trucks and finding myself a little lost so here it goes.
Want a 3" lift (not a leveling kit) with 17" fuel boost rims on a...idk 28-30" tire, reccomendations welcome. For the lift it seems like it has narrowed down to 5100s in front and the rear with a leaf pack. Or the $1000 3" kit from rough country. I would only be using the truck for light off roading so not looking for anything crazy. Again don't know much about lifts so feel free to outline it like I've never seen a truck before.
That's a pretty small tire, I think it's smaller than stock. I have 265/70/17s (just a little less than a 32" tire) on mine, and a lot of folks run 33" tires (285/70/17s). 5100s are a good budget lift. If money isn't an issue, i'd look at Icon or a couple of the other high end lift kits. I like OME
Old 12-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #809
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
So heres what i am looking at getting

Billy 5100
Eibach front coil lift springs

now for the rear, should I

get a 1 or 2 inch block?

or get an AAL

the AAL is actually cheaper than the blocks....unless i am researching this wrong

Do i need a diff drop? Am i missing anything? seems a little too simple! lol
Old 12-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #810
www.sos-offroadconcepts.com
EddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 19 D PFC, 165th brg 3-34 bat 5-17
Name: Eddy
EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post
So heres what i am looking at getting

Billy 5100
Eibach front coil lift springs

now for the rear, should I

get a 1 or 2 inch block?

or get an AAL

the AAL is actually cheaper than the blocks....unless i am researching this wrong

Do i need a diff drop? Am i missing anything? seems a little too simple! lol
Go with the AAL or new leaf pack. And I've heard the diff drop is pointless.
Im running the same lift. It gave me 3.25 front lift. watch for the see-saw affect even with the 2" aal. I had to make my own leaf shackles. to get a slight rake back
Old 12-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #811
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Right on....Them leaf packs are a lil pricey! but I might as well do it right the first time right. The AAL isnt bad at all. I can afford that. haha
Old 12-20-2013, 06:10 PM   #812
www.sos-offroadconcepts.com
EddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 19 D PFC, 165th brg 3-34 bat 5-17
Name: Eddy
EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Right on....Them leaf packs are a lil pricey! but I might as well do it right the first time right. The AAL isnt bad at all. I can afford that. haha
Yeah I know. Thats my next is a leaf pack! Even tho I keep thinking about a 2nd gen or FJ stromtrooper lol
Old 12-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #813
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyRRT View Post
Yeah I know. Thats my next is a leaf pack! Even tho I keep thinking about a 2nd gen or FJ stromtrooper lol

But new leafs are worth it. Even with AAL's I couldn't put 400 lbs in the bed without the nose sticking up, and I eventually broke one hauling firewood for a friend.

I had my leafs rebuilt by a local company for just under $500. They just added a single, thicker, leaf to the factory pack, installed plastic shims so the don't squeak, and put on new guides. They arched the new leaf to give me a slightly higher rear to compensate for a plate steel bumper in the future.

I had forgotten I had 200lbs of pellets in the bed that day, so it's probably a little higher in the rear than needed. However, I can load 800 lbs of pellets and she sits level!
Old 12-21-2013, 08:24 AM   #814

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
But new leafs are worth it. Even with AAL's I couldn't put 400 lbs in the bed without the nose sticking up, and I eventually broke one hauling firewood for a friend.

I had my leafs rebuilt by a local company for just under $500. They just added a single, thicker, leaf to the factory pack, installed plastic shims so the don't squeak, and put on new guides. They arched the new leaf to give me a slightly higher rear to compensate for a plate steel bumper in the future.

I had forgotten I had 200lbs of pellets in the bed that day, so it's probably a little higher in the rear than needed. However, I can load 800 lbs of pellets and she sits level!
An excellent point. Replacing the entire leaf pack can seem a little pricey up front, but overall when the deal is done and you don't have to spend anymore time or money on the rear it is a good way to go. If you want to tow/haul or otherwise use your truck (IMO as it was intended) a new leaf pack is worth it.

My. Best. Investment.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #815
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys...very convincing! I appreciate the 411
Old 01-07-2014, 12:50 PM   #816
VAYoder4167 is on a distinguished road

Name: Frank
VAYoder4167's Tacoma Gallery
Ok what if I wanted to do a full 3" suspension lift? I want to run 5100 bilsteins in front and back and want a full 3" lift I don't want to do a cheap lift kit but don't want anything too expensive?
Old 01-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #817
Just duct tape it
jspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
jspansel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAYoder4167 View Post
Ok what if I wanted to do a full 3" suspension lift? I want to run 5100 bilsteins in front and back and want a full 3" lift I don't want to do a cheap lift kit but don't want anything too expensive?
Eibach coils up front on the 5100's, and a new leaf pack that nets 3"... Or 2" AAL and a 1" Shackle?
Old 01-07-2014, 01:28 PM   #818
VAYoder4167 is on a distinguished road

Name: Frank
VAYoder4167's Tacoma Gallery
Where could I get it from or order that stuff from? What would be the best add a leaf pack to go with?
Old 01-07-2014, 02:19 PM   #819
Just duct tape it
jspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
jspansel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Where could I get it from or order that stuff from? What would be the best add a leaf pack to go with?
Can get them a few different places...

http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...5-04_c_72.html

http://wheelersoffroad.com/product-c...g-and-chassis/

^^ Some leaf packs there as well... Do not think they are 3" but they can accept an aal added to them I believe for more lift. Or a longer shackle?

I dont know much about the different complete leaf packs but hear a lot of mention of the All Pros..

https://www.allprooffroad.com/9504ta...504leafsprings

I have a 2" Wheeler's AAL (just one extra leaf added to your stock pack) and am happy with that.... I will eventually get a new complete rear leaf pack down the road.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:19 PM   #820
RileySB
rileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Gen
rileySB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I went through Wheelers Off Road. Great prices, fast shipping, and if you need any assistance Yota Dan is really helpful. I netted a full 3" with his Bilstein 5100s and 887 coils with an 1.5" HD AAL in the rear (don't tow or have a cap so didn't need the full leaf pack).

Products Discussed in this Thread