Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2" leveling kit

Old 09-11-2010, 10:25 AM   #1
pse1cam is on a distinguished road
Name: pse1cam
pse1cam's Tacoma Gallery
2" leveling kit

i put a 2" leveling kit on my 07 tacoma last year. now when i take it off roading, i am having trouble with my rear shocks bottoming out. can some one help me out with this. do i just need new shocks, an add a leaf, or both.

thanks in advance.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Need a litte more info. Did the leveling kit come with an add a leaf, a block, or was it just a front leveling kit?

Do you have the rear spring TSB performed? How many leafs total do you have in the back?

when you say the shocks are bottoming out, is that during droop, or are the leafs hitting the bump stops?
Old 09-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #3
pse1cam's Tacoma Gallery
thank you kpt for responding. the leveling kit is only a 2" front leveling kit. nothing has been done to rear of the truck. i only have the 3 stock leafs on the the back. yes, it is the leafs hitting the bump stops. but it seems to happen a lot. also bow hunting season did just start here so i am spending a lot more time in the hills.

1 more thing i only have 25000 miles on my truck. so don't think it would be shock failure already, but i do drive it pretty hard.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
First thing I would try is an add a leaf. That will stiffen up the rear. You can get one for under $100 from wheelers offroad or fat bob's garage.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:36 PM   #5
pse1cam's Tacoma Gallery
thanks, will give it a try.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:18 PM   #7
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
On my 07 I had aal's installed with the lift right after I bought the truck and have never experienced a bottoming out issue or axle wrap. The tsb that installs the aal's for free will do the same thing if you can still get it done under warrenty.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:34 PM   #8
pse1cam's Tacoma Gallery
sweet i will call my dealer tomorrow. my truck is still under warranty. thanks alot.