Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Leaf spring question??

Old 09-11-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
Work In Progress
nolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weapons Director
nolanspawn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to nolanspawn
Leaf spring question??

I am trying to put my truck back to stock getting all the aftermarket parts off that i can. Only thing I don't have the stock original is the leaf springs. I have All-Pro 3" leaf packs currently on there. Is there anything issue for the time being leaving them on and swapping off my Icons back to the stock rear shocks?
Old 09-12-2010, 06:43 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
So, you're asking if you can put the stock (shorter??) shocks on with the 3" lift in the rear?

IF yes - then you should be fine especially if you're strictly street driving. If you go offroad and stretch out the suspension, the shocks could max out (fully extend). Generally, that's not a big deal either unless you do it A LOT and abuse the truck offroad.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:27 AM   #3
Work In Progress
nolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weapons Director
nolanspawn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to nolanspawn
Yah this is only for a day or two till I get ny hands on some stock leafs.