Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Confused on lift

Old 09-13-2010, 09:11 AM   #1
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Confused on lift

Get the TSB done next week on my 2010 D/C S/B 4X4 Sport. Never will be off road. Do I go with 5100's in the front, Toytec coilovers, or the ready lift 3" and 1" block in the back. Just want to level it really, and add bigger tires.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:21 AM   #2
Bobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant future

Army: C Co, 2nd Bat 75th Inf
Name: Bobo
Bobo_1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raswank View Post
Get the TSB done next week on my 2010 D/C S/B 4X4 Sport. Never will be off road. Do I go with 5100's in the front, Toytec coilovers, or the ready lift 3" and 1" block in the back. Just want to level it really, and add bigger tires.
I just used the front part of the ReadyLift to get mine level. I may put the rear block in anyway for towing and when I have weight in the back.

Most on this forum are against those kits and recommend the Bilstiens. The spacer for the struts and the front diff have worked fine for me.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:24 AM   #4
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Did you the tsb done as well? Any pics you can post? Any alignment issues? Did you keep the stock wheels, just with bigger tires.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:32 AM   #5
maXXXed out mid travel
straycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: paul
straycat241's Tacoma Gallery
here is pic of toytec notice how its nose high i forget what height they were set at prolly at around 2 but the toytec "coilover" lifts a lil more compared to a 5100 and stockspring due to the small top plate spacer on the toytecs

here is pic of tsb+toytec in drive way amost level
Old 09-13-2010, 09:36 AM   #6
Banned
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
What else besides the Toytec coilovers will I need for the front? The kit comes with the sway bar kit? Did you need to do the diff drop as well? Don't need new UCA right? Thanks all for your time. Any alignment issues with the Toytec's?
Old 09-13-2010, 09:44 AM   #7
maXXXed out mid travel
straycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: paul
straycat241's Tacoma Gallery
the toytecs came with swaybar relocators i am 2wd so i dun have cv's to worry about but im pretty sure if you stay around 2.5 inches you prolly wont need diff drop and new uca's maybe a 4x4 can chime in on this about cv angles n stuff