Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Toyota alignment after lift?

Old 09-13-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota alignment after lift?

So I got my lift in, and after settling for almost a week I ended up with 2.25" in the back, and 2.1" in the front. My question is this...if I take it to my local Toyota dealer to get it aligned will it be done right? I talked to them on the phone, and all the guy could tell me is that they would do it to what is on the computer, and nothing else. I told him it was lifted, and again he said all they can do is what is on the computer. If I get Toyota to do it will the stock specs make it ride correctly? I know that 0 toe, 0 camber, and 2.4-3.1 caster is what I'm looking for, but they couldn't tell me what Toyota's setting are?! Alternatively I can take it to this smaller shop that put together my front shocks/ springs for free, and they said they will do whatever specs I give them, but they are not a high tech shop, so I have some reservations...
Old 09-13-2010, 04:39 PM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
I took mine to toyota of Poway (in San Diego) and they did the alignment right. But I'm only at 2" in the front.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:49 PM   #3
sanga700 will become famous soon enoughsanga700 will become famous soon enough
sanga700's Tacoma Gallery
never take my truck to toyota dealler for alignment because some of my friends work there said those guys never adjust your caster , toe or camber right unless when you take ur truck back to complain its still pull left or right . You know how long does it take ?
Old 09-14-2010, 07:17 AM   #4
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I had my alignment done by Toyota back in June previous to installing my lift, and it was pretty good, but from the looks of things they did play with mostly the toe/ camber as they were off. The other shop down the street from me said what ever I want they will do it for me.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:31 AM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Just ask for a printout of the spec sheet and you'll be fine.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:29 AM   #6
tacoma44x44 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jamie
tacoma44x44's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota dealerships are useless... take it somewhere else..
Old 09-14-2010, 09:33 AM   #7
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
So I got my lift in, and after settling for almost a week I ended up with 2.25" in the back, and 2.1" in the front. My question is this...if I take it to my local Toyota dealer to get it aligned will it be done right? I talked to them on the phone, and all the guy could tell me is that they would do it to what is on the computer, and nothing else. I told him it was lifted, and again he said all they can do is what is on the computer. If I get Toyota to do it will the stock specs make it ride correctly? I know that 0 toe, 0 camber, and 2.4-3.1 caster is what I'm looking for, but they couldn't tell me what Toyota's setting are?! Alternatively I can take it to this smaller shop that put together my front shocks/ springs for free, and they said they will do whatever specs I give them, but they are not a high tech shop, so I have some reservations...
B/S you can enter the specs if you like
Old 09-14-2010, 09:35 AM   #8

They do provide the sheet, but the problem is if they don't get enough castor done, they will charge me another $100 to do it again, and I just want to have it done once. I heard that at 2" of lift I might have a hard time getting enough castor, but that I will need at least 1.8/ 1.9 to ensure it doesn't wander. If they are lazy and only get say 1.7 then that won't do it for me, and I'll have to get it done again, which would piss me off.