Need some opinions

Old 09-17-2010, 08:25 AM   #1
Okie!
Joehs is on a distinguished road
Name: Joey
Joehs's Tacoma Gallery
Need some opinions

Hey all,

So here's where I stand right now. I drive a 08 DC SB 4x4. I have 5100's @ 2.5 with the stock coils, and a rear TSB. I'm alittle front high, but only by about half an inch. Recently, I've been considering swapping the 5100's out. With the springs pre-loaded at 2.5, the ride quality has suffered quite a bit, and overall, I'm just considering doing a full round upgrade and moving on to something a bit more "full".

Here's a few options I've thought about, but I thought that the guru's here might have a bit more insight to the pro's and con's of each setup, at least more so than I have.

I'm looking at maybe just swapping springs, to either the eibachs, or the OME lift coils. I don't really want to drop any lift height from what I've got now, and wouldn't mind increasing it a bit either, but nothing too substantial.

Or, I've considered swapping out to the full OME front setup, and doing away with my 5100's.

I'm also looking at the All-Pro 3" leaf pack to replace to rear TSB leafs, and a set of UCA's in order to fix the alignment problems I have right now.

So, to summarize:

Replace stock coils with OME/Eibach coils while retaining the same height, pick up an all-pro leaf pack, and a set of UCA's to fix alignment.

or

Go full OME front, with all pro leaf pack, and a new set of UCAs.

Getting alittle less "rough" with the front is my ultimate goal, while maybe achieving a bit more lift in the process. I do light to moderate wheeling, but nothing intense.

Which will yield the better end result? Opinions on which way you would go? Is there a better option for the money? Eventually, I'd like to squeak some 285/75/16's under the fenders, but that'll come after I fix all this stuff.

Well, what do you all think?
Old 09-17-2010, 08:29 AM   #2
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-17-2010, 02:07 PM   #3
tacos is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
tacos's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-20-2010, 08:21 AM   #4
Okie!
Joehs is on a distinguished road
Name: Joey
Joehs's Tacoma Gallery
no opinions at all?

I didn't get a "search newb"

No love haha.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:24 AM   #5
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
go with ome springs and the 5100's
and new leaf pack

and l.r. uca
Old 09-20-2010, 08:29 AM   #6
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I just put on the Eibach springs with 5100's and ride is awesome. I got 3" set at 0 on a 1st gen now I don't know if you will get 3" at 0 with a 2nd gen but you will like the ride. I think you can set the 2nd gen's to .85 with the Eibach's