Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

best suspension lift

Old 10-25-2006, 07:41 AM   #1
zcolson is on a distinguished road
zcolson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to zcolson
best suspension lift

i just bought a 2002 toyota taoma and i was woundering what would be the best suspension lift? im only planning to go 3" and putting 32x10.50 tires on it.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:18 AM   #2
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
How much are yo looking to spend? There is Donahoe for coilovers and Add A Leaf's (AAL's) and Toytec has a budget lift that includes spacers and a AAL. Procomp and Fabtech make a more intensive lift that requires a bit of cutting an welding

Hope it helps!!
Old 11-10-2006, 04:52 PM   #3
zcolson's Tacoma Gallery
tires

i was also thinking about getting bf goodwrench mud terrain tires what are some of your thoughts about these tires?
Old 11-27-2006, 03:23 PM   #4
amelia is on a distinguished road
amelia's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to amelia
make sure when u decide on a lift that its not stressin your balljoints and cv joints ur warranty wont cover it and theyre up there in price if they go out. if your not gonna off road it all the time you can go with coil spacers in the front and add a leafs in the rear and 33"s will clear. if you dont want to worry about your joints id go with a fabtech 6" it will come with all the new crossmembers to drop evrything in the front so nothings at an angle so your joints are good to go
Old 12-10-2006, 06:52 PM   #5
zcolson's Tacoma Gallery
i am going to be buying some aftermarket rims and i was woundering how much of an offset my tacoma could handle?
Old 06-29-2007, 08:40 PM   #6
1ToughTaco is on a distinguished road

1ToughTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amelia View Post
make sure when u decide on a lift that its not stressin your balljoints and cv joints ur warranty wont cover it and theyre up there in price if they go out. if your not gonna off road it all the time you can go with coil spacers in the front and add a leafs in the rear and 33"s will clear. if you dont want to worry about your joints id go with a fabtech 6" it will come with all the new crossmembers to drop evrything in the front so nothings at an angle so your joints are good to go
I'm going to get the 6 in fabtech w/dirt logics!
Old 06-29-2007, 08:47 PM   #7
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
I would say get aftermarket coilovers like Sway-A-Ways or Donahoes for the front or AALs or shackles for the rear. Maybe even new leaf packs.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:44 PM   #8
IRISHDEVIL is on a distinguished road

IRISHDEVIL's Tacoma Gallery
im thinking of going with the ARB set up of coils and aals in the rear with nitro chargers all around. will that give me the full 3in i want and is that a good set up
Old 07-26-2007, 12:49 PM   #9
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
When you say ARB coils are you talking about the OME (Old Man Emu) coils up front?
Old 07-26-2007, 09:18 PM   #10
IRISHDEVIL is on a distinguished road

IRISHDEVIL's Tacoma Gallery
yes the 885 coils