LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Cheapest Place to Get OME Lift

Old 09-21-2010, 03:43 AM   #1
Krewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Danny
Krewblink's Tacoma Gallery
Cheapest Place to Get OME Lift

Just like the title says ive made my decision on the lift i want. just wondering where the cheapest place to get this lift will be?

I want this same exact Lift
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 09-21-2010, 03:50 AM   #2
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Buy it from toytec and use the TW discount.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:29 AM   #3
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
X2, I got mine locally from a jeep dealer (DPGOffroad) but, you'd make the difference up in shipping. Toytec, good folks to deal with.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:21 AM   #4
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
I bought from Wheeler's last week and had a good experience.

There was a thread here from a guy price comparing, and TRDPartsForU may have had the lowest price.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:05 AM   #5
phidauex is a glorious beacon of lightphidauex is a glorious beacon of lightphidauex is a glorious beacon of lightphidauex is a glorious beacon of lightphidauex is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Sam
phidauex's Tacoma Gallery
If you want the coils preassembled on the shocks, Toytech will do it for $100, which is cheaper than most places, so if you were planning on having someone else assemble them with new top plates and bushings, Toytech is definitely the best deal I've seen. If you were going to do it yourself for sure, then the advantage is a little less.

-Sam
Old 09-21-2010, 01:56 PM   #6
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phidauex View Post
If you want the coils preassembled on the shocks, Toytech will do it for $100...
Per shock, right? That's consistent with the pricing on their website. But some additional parts are required as well. I'd suggest calling them to confirm pricing.

e.g. compare the price of their: TTAFCS-6005 vs. TCK-4 which differs only by stock top mounting plate not included, and labor. Kit price is different by $200.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #7
phidauex is a glorious beacon of lightphidauex is a glorious beacon of lightphidauex is a glorious beacon of lightphidauex is a glorious beacon of lightphidauex is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Per shock, right? That's consistent with the pricing on their website. But some additional parts are required as well. I'd suggest calling them to confirm pricing.

e.g. compare the price of their: TTAFCS-6005 vs. TCK-4 which differs only by stock top mounting plate not included, and labor. Kit price is different by $200.
I suppose it would be worth a call to double check, but on their OME full kit for 1st Gens (OME-9504TAC), it says, "*****Order front shocks and coils fully assembled with new top mounting plates, bushings and washers for only$100.00!*****", and if you select the assembled option and add it to your cart, it only adds $100 to the price. I haven't purchased that kit from them yet, but it was the one I was planning on ordering, and the $100 assembly charge was part of the reason I was going to go with them.

Can anyone confirm that it is indeed only $100 for assembly of both shocks?

-Sam
Old 09-21-2010, 02:27 PM   #8
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! Ah - I see the difference. You're looking at the 95-04 stuff, and I'm looking at the 05+ stuff.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Wow! Ah - I see the difference. You're looking at the 95-04 stuff, and I'm looking at the 05+ stuff.
Ahh, I suppose your right! Odd that there would be a difference - I figured it was mostly labor plus a few Toyota OEM parts. Oddly, there is still a $140 difference between the assembled and unassembled Toytec COs for the 1st Gens, even though the assembly cost is lower for the OME lift. Also, on the 2nd Gen OME lift, there isn't even an option for assembly shown!

I suppose it is more complex than I thought!

-Sam
Old 09-21-2010, 07:34 PM   #10
Eesh is on a distinguished road
Eesh's Tacoma Gallery
Trdparts4u.com has been able to beat anyone... including wheelers. I've have nothing but good things to say about Trdparts4u.com I've ordered from them on three separate occasions and they are always the cheapest.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:51 AM   #11
Krewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Danny
Krewblink's Tacoma Gallery
Idk trdparts4u.com says 950.00 for the kit i want.. and toytec says 699.00 I think im just gonna buy toytec
Old 09-22-2010, 02:54 PM   #12
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Compare what you're getting. at 950 to 699, I'm guessing you're comparing a kit that has Dakar springs in the back to one that has a Toytec "Add-A-Leaf."