Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Should your truck sit level??

Old 07-14-2008, 02:38 PM   #1
wolfspirit is on a distinguished road
wolfspirit's Tacoma Gallery
Should your truck sit level??

I just don't get it. Maybe I"m being to critical here. I have a 2" leveling kit on the front and 265/75R16 Federal M/T tires on stock rims. When I measure from the ground to the bottom of the fender ( through the centerline of the rim) here are the measurements.

Drivers Side Passenger Side

Front 37.25" Front 37"
Rear 37.5" Rear 37"

Is this no big deal or should I be worried and look further into it. The truck is on a level surface and there is no load in the bed.

If it was because of the gas tank, it would be heavier on the drivers side, not lighter. I can't figure this one out.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:45 PM   #3
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
i think the driver side sits lower cuz of your gas tank, your battery, and all the controls, and you are located on the left(Drivers side). i remember reading bout this a while ago
Old 07-14-2008, 03:19 PM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't worry about it.... you'll spend tons of money & time trying to chase it. Besides.... take measurements when the gas tank is full versus measurements when the gas tank is empty and see what you come up with.

The previous generation trucks (95-04) were known for having a lean due to everything being on the drivers side (including gas tank). The front coils were different also - the drivers side coil had one extra winding in it to make up for the weight. But...if you put new coils in - they didn't have that extra winding and the truck would lean badly.

I remember chasing a lean on my 96.... Roncho (Rancho) setup was horrible. The OME 881 coils & the custom leafs, but I ended up with a 1/4 thick spacer to help level things out and it still wasn't *perfect*. After chasing it for too long - I said TO HELL WITH IT!!

I don't know how these new trucks are in terms of *The Toyota Lean*. I'm keeping mine stock for as long as I can!
Old 09-28-2009, 12:37 PM   #6
machman is on a distinguished road

Navy: MR2
machman's Tacoma Gallery
The ground not being perfectly level could also through off your reading. Even concrete that looks level can be way off.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:39 PM   #7
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
holy year and 2 months