1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Suspension options

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 3RDYOTA, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Apr 4, 2007 at 6:33 AM
    3RDYOTA

3RDYOTA [OP] New Member

Member:
    I need some help finding my way through the many options and companies for lifting my 98 v6 ext cab 5speed taco. I am currently riding bfg all terrain 31 x 10.5 and will never go over 33s. My problem is I have broken leafs in the back and a bad strut in the front so I am looking to replace both of these so spacer kits are out. I have been looking at OME and northwest off-road mostly and don't really want to go over 3" of lift. Also I am mostly using it for daily driving but frequently load the bed with wood or other weight, will eventually put a bar on the front but winch is not likely, I also like the mud a lot but don't usually do any serious off roading. Any feedback on northwest off road would be nice because i can't really find them mentioned on many forums. My rear shocks are pretty beat too so i think i'll take them as well. So I'm looking for a suspension lift i guess, would want increased capacity leaf springs and shock in back and possibly an adjustable coilover in front. Checking out the luxury ride kit @ northwest but it doesn't come with front struts just the springs @ 875 shipping included, not bad but I'd have to pick up struts somewhere. I am not a mechanic by any means but have been blessed with a brother that is so he and i plan to do this on our own. Any tips, advice, or feedback on parts or companies is greatly appreciated.
    thanks

2. Apr 4, 2007 at 8:23 AM
    3RDYOTA

3RDYOTA [OP] New Member

Member:
    Sounds like Ome has a full 2- 2.5 inch lift package with front struts, coils, rear springs, and shocks for about 850 before shipping. This sounds like what I'm looking for, and ome sounds pretty reputable. Is it true a 2 inch lift would put a lot of extra wear on the front end parts or is 2" pretty safe?? Anybody have anyexperience with a full set from ome like this??

3. Apr 29, 2007 at 2:58 PM
    tacokid

tacokid New Member

Member:
    i would go with the tough country lift kit. it's about a 3.5 inch lift and it's reasonable price. cuz from what it sounds like from you list of problems and from what the kit offers it should cover whats giving you a pain in the ass. or the rancho kit is great to its about the same price as Ome but better i know a hand full of bros that have it and not heard one complain.

Products Discussed in

To Top