Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME LIFT QUESTIONS

Old 09-27-2010, 04:28 PM   #1
Claytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud of

Air Force: GREEN LIGHT!
Name: Clayton
Claytor's Tacoma Gallery
OME LIFT QUESTIONS

I'm thinking about getting the OME 3” lift for my tacoma, I was on the Toytec site and wanted to get some input from other members that have gone the OME route.

Two Questions

1. they have two kits Im looking at, the OME suspension lift for $700 and the “best seller” 3” lift with front coils and rear options for $300. I drive a TRD off road 4x4, so it already came with bilsteins ( know they arent 5100's) soooo would the extra 400 even be worth it for the OME shocks or should I save some money go with what I already have? (pretty sure Im going with option 2...leaves option open to get billy 51s later)
  2. I want to get a full 3in lift so I am going to get the top spacers....Will I need New UCAs?

Any help would be appreciated
Old 09-27-2010, 09:20 PM   #2
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytor View Post
I'm thinking about getting the OME 3” lift for my tacoma, I was on the Toytec site and wanted to get some input from other members that have gone the OME route.

Two Questions

1. they have two kits Im looking at, the OME suspension lift for $700 and the “best seller” 3” lift with front coils and rear options for $300. I drive a TRD off road 4x4, so it already came with bilsteins ( know they arent 5100's) soooo would the extra 400 even be worth it for the OME shocks or should I save some money go with what I already have? (pretty sure Im going with option 2...leaves option open to get billy 51s later)
  2. I want to get a full 3in lift so I am going to get the top spacers....Will I need New UCAs?

Any help would be appreciated
the stock shocks are about half the size of the OME ones. Personally, I have the full OME lift with the Dakars and top plate spacers and I think thats the way to go OME wise. That will certainly get you the most lift compared to no spacer and just an AAl
Old 09-27-2010, 10:58 PM   #3
Claytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud of

Claytor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
the stock shocks are about half the size of the OME ones. Personally, I have the full OME lift with the Dakars and top plate spacers and I think thats the way to go OME wise. That will certainly get you the most lift compared to no spacer and just an AAl

Thanks for the input...may have just changed my mind
Old 01-11-2011, 05:24 PM   #4

Claytor's Tacoma Gallery
Think I'm getting close to making this happen, I am leaning towards the OME Kit for $700. just trying to figure out what the rear options it comes with mean and what they will do for me.... and what are TSB springs? what does it stand for?

anyone want to help shed some light on this?
Old 01-11-2011, 05:29 PM   #5
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytor View Post
Think I'm getting close to making this happen, I am leaning towards the OME Kit for $700. just trying to figure out what the rear options it comes with mean and what they will do for me.... and what are TSB springs? what does it stand for?

anyone want to help shed some light on this?
Did you get the TSB leafs done on your leaf springs? Meaning they replaced the whole stock leafs and replaced them with new ones. If so then you will need to select add a leaf for TSB springs. Do you have a DC or AC?
Old 01-11-2011, 05:29 PM   #6
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
The TSB springs are springs that the dealer would have put in after you complained about a harsh ride. Chances are, since you haven't heard of them, you probably don't have them. Just a guess, not trying to belittle you because you don't know about them. You'll want the 2" leaf springs (assuming you don't have the TSB) if you decide to go with an AAL. If you decide to go with the OME Dakar leaf pack, then you don't have to worry about TSB this or TSB that. That option will replace the leaf pack entirely. That will net you a bit more lift in the rear than an AAL would. Some advantages to that are more flex, better weight carrying, etc. but there is nothing wrong with an AAL if you don't have the extra cash to spend on the leaf pack. Both are good ways to achieve the lift you are looking for.

PS, good choice going with the OME kit. Many folks have this (with the shocks) and love it.