Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

ome coils

Old 09-28-2010, 09:59 PM   #1
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
ome coils

I'm sourcing some 882's for my 01, but the guy im dealing with said they have changed their part #'s a bit, and not offer a stock/light load spring 0-110 lbs
and a heavy load coil from 110-220lbs

Would the heavy load spring be the same as an 882 in your opinion?
Old 09-28-2010, 10:06 PM   #2
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
hold up what are you lookin for height wise? i put 883s on my d cab with billies i think 881s are suited more towards ext cabs although at about 2.5 inches i believe 882s were for alot of weight up front iirc
Old 09-28-2010, 10:11 PM   #3
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
well i have billies at 2.5 with stock coils, but they have sagged a lot, from what i hear 881's will sag quite a bit after time, and need to be compressed to lift much, where as the 882's wont sag much because my front end isn't heavy enough. people that have them on the ext cab seem to like them.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:21 PM   #4
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i havent seen anyone with the 882s on an extended cab but im pretty sure i saw them on a d cab and the guy said they were a little on the rough side, im pretty sure toytec lists them as the 150+ lbs type coil for heavy bumpers. im pretty sure that ome has figured the whole settling thing out but all springs are gonna settle. id just find someone with them and i guess you have. you could also look into eibachs theyll match up to your billies nicely. somewhere around here when i was looking for my suspension set up i remember that 881s and 882s are the same length but 882s have a much higher spring rate and the 883s have the same spring rate as the 881s but are slightly taller (maybe a .5 inch?) hope that helps, btw love the truck man
Old 09-28-2010, 10:25 PM   #5
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Ross , not sure if you have seen this document from ARB

http://www.arbusa.com/uploads/PDF/ac...yotaTacoma.pdf

Page 2 lists the various components for your truck .
Old 09-28-2010, 10:26 PM   #6

rab89's Tacoma Gallery

882's, looks nice huh, member "mixaro"
he said it rides pretty nice, hmmm
Old 09-28-2010, 10:29 PM   #7

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Ross , not sure if you have seen this document from ARB

http://www.arbusa.com/uploads/PDF/ac...yotaTacoma.pdf

Page 2 lists the various components for your truck .
so they all say 1.75'' lift, I just REALLY don't wanna deal with sagging again
Old 09-28-2010, 10:30 PM   #8

x2 looks great no idea it would work but id go for it man
Old 09-28-2010, 10:31 PM   #9

i think your problems more gonna be in the back with the ome springs idk what you got back there but i hate drivin around with my ass on the ground
Old 09-28-2010, 10:35 PM   #10
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
I had 5100 at 2.5 and 880's on at the same time before, It was kinda stiff. But once it sagged it was pretty decent. Was going to back them down to 1.75 but got C/O instead.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:37 PM   #11

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by malander View Post
i think your problems more gonna be in the back with the ome springs idk what you got back there but i hate drivin around with my ass on the ground
1.5'' AAL from wheelers.

Right now my front end is almost 2 inches lower than the front, setting the 5100's back to 0 with 882's should put me about even I'd think..

oh, and whats the story with the 883's?
Old 09-28-2010, 10:46 PM   #12

883s are just what i came across when i searched around, im kinda surprised cuz i could swear some guy had the 882s and had a pretty harsh ride because of the lack of a heavy bumper but idk i must be smoking crack. idk if you want a level look or slight rake, personally i like a 1" rake. i have a 2" pro comp aal on mine and its about .5 lower in the rear. but then again my leaves were slightly frowning, just no money for a leaf pack.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:49 PM   #13

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
whats the lift/ weight rating for the 883's?
Old 09-28-2010, 10:53 PM   #14

couldnt tell you the weight rating, but i got a full 3 out of mine, they still have time to settle but i dont expect too much. with these new springs you have to be cautious the way you park. i park on a slight hill that goes from the driver side to passenger side so i get even more of the taco lean, this is of course only when the coils are new and naturally settle. however i would go ahead and get a 1/2 spacer for the driver side and be done with it im still 1/4 inch higher on the pass side but whateva it works. ive never seen an 883 on an ext cab but im sure theyre out there.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:56 PM   #15
Wheeler is on a distinguished road

Wheeler's Tacoma Gallery
The 881 & 882 have the same spring rate. The 882 is taller. The 883's are the same height as the 881, but a higher spring rate.
Shoot me an email and I will get you the spring heights and rates.......jason@wheelersoffroad.com

Sent from my HTC Desire
Old 09-28-2010, 11:01 PM   #16

damn i was wrong lol once again.... im pretty sure i searched up this threadhttp://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/65573-ome-882-vs-883-a.html
i think the 882s are 20mm taller than the 881 so about an inch
Old 09-28-2010, 11:08 PM   #17

and heres how i learned bout my 883s http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...lean-lift.html

i think those 882s look pretty good though id try em out
Old 11-01-2010, 10:37 PM   #19

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
I am waiting until I can afford new tires, the 285's prob wouldn't fit so well right now..

but best deal around is Craig at bajanorth in Kamloops.

www.bajanorth.ca

tell him Ross sent you from TW