LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

bjmoose installs full OME kit & rear brake lines with pics

Old 06-14-2013, 06:48 AM   #141
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
Thanks. I ordered them with the kit, just in case. I'm still debating using them. I have some vibes stock so maybe the lift will "cure" them.
It's a similar argument with the diff drop, being that the change is so minor what's the point?

When you get an alignment after installing the lift get the tires balanced and rotated. I think a lot of guys are getting small vibes and thinking its from the lift.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:14 AM   #142
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What direction do the axle shims go in? The narrow end facing the front or the back? Lift gets here Monday, doing the install next Saturday. Can't wait!
Narrow forward

Did you get centre pin collars ?
Old 06-14-2013, 07:21 AM   #143
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Narrow forward

CentER pin collars are in the mail, yes. I saw that in one of these threads and made sure I ordered them.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:28 AM   #144
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Narrow forward

Quote:
CentER pins are in the mail, yes. I saw that in one of these threads and made sure I ordered them.
OZ, Airman Boucher is very thorough... He could give Airman Jamie a run for his money
Old 06-14-2013, 07:43 AM   #145
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
CentER pin collars are in the mail, yes. I saw that in one of these threads and made sure I ordered them.
You may or may not need the centre pins depending on the style of the shims
Old 06-14-2013, 07:49 AM   #146
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You may or may not need the centre pins depending on the style of the shims
Probably won't need centre pins. Center pins will likely be needed though.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:10 AM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Probably won't need centre pins. Center pins will likely be needed though.

OZ speaks the Queens English, not 'Merican.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #148

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I speak English

Y'all grunt hillbilly
Old 06-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #149

Quote:
I speak English

Y'all grunt hillbilly
Indeed good Sir, your words have merit.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:23 AM   #150
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #151
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Got my kit installed today. Replacing UCAs at the same time made getting the new struts in super easy. Just need a little light pressure with our hands. Also didn't need to mess with using a jack to get the Dakars to line up.....they popped right in.

Hardest part of getting the UCA bolts out and back in! Took about 7 hours of actual work today to do everything except the extended brake lines. Saving those for another day.

This write-up definitely helped! Thanks moose!
Old 07-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #152
obscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud of
obscurotron's Tacoma Gallery
Installed SAWs up front today. For getting the LCA down, don't pry. Use the factory bottle jack, upside down, pushing the UCA down (which pushes the LCA down). A little bit at a time gets things lined up and in place. No need for brute force, no broken alignment tabs. I used that trick on my 1st gen 8 years ago, and it works on the 2nd gens too.

Now to go install my trans4mer, let crap settle, adjust the SAWs one last time and go have it aligned.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurotron View Post
Installed SAWs up front today. For getting the LCA down, don't pry. Use the factory bottle jack, upside down, pushing the UCA down (which pushes the LCA down). A little bit at a time gets things lined up and in place. No need for brute force, no broken alignment tabs. I used that trick on my 1st gen 8 years ago, and it works on the 2nd gens too.

Now to go install my trans4mer, let crap settle, adjust the SAWs one last time and go have it aligned.
I just hit the lower ball joint with the impact gun (remove the two bolts) and the lower A-Arm moves freely. Use a floor jack to lift it back into place and retorque the two bolts.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #154

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurotron View Post

I found separating the UCA ball joint from the lower assembly worked out really well too. Was very easy to get the new coil over in there. Didn't need to mess with a jack, just very list pressure with my hands.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #155

Quote:
I found separating the *LCA* ball joint from the lower assembly worked out really well too. Was very easy to get the new coil over in there. Didn't need to mess with a jack, just very list pressure with my hands.
Fixed!
Old 07-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #156

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
Fixed!
Maybe i didnt mean ball joint, but I was talking about the UCA. Once I separated it there was plenty of play to get the new shock in there.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #157

Quote:
Maybe i didnt mean ball joint, but I was talking about the UCA. Once I separated it there was plenty of play to get the new shock in there.
Forgot you did those at the same time. My method is easier than replacing the UCAs
Old 07-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #158

Air Force:
Quote:
Forgot you did those at the same time. My method is easier than replacing the UCAs
Even if I didn't replace them though, disconnecting the UCAs from the rest was really easy. Take one nut off and then a couple taps with a hammer. Seems like a pretty easy alternative to make room for the new shock.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:27 AM   #159

Quote:
Even if I didn't replace them though, disconnecting the UCAs from the rest was really easy. Take one nut off and then a couple taps with a hammer. Seems like a pretty easy alternative to make room for the new shock.
My way is better. Before this your idea of a strut was a structural support member on a plane
Old 07-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #160

Air Force:
Quote:
My way is better. Before this your idea of a strut was a structural support member on a plane
I think my way is better, private! And you've probably been in or around more Air Force planes than I have! lol