Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Ongoing lift install price thread

Old 05-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #321
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
OME 885x springs, Dakar leaf packs, and OME nitrocharger shocks, $1,800. installed at dealer.
yes, I know I overpaid, but I will never hear the dealer tell me the issue is the lift and im screwed.

Untitled by beavis0076, on Flickr
I tried calling 2 dealerships down here, all they'll install are leveling spacer lifts. They won't do anything else. Guess I'll have to find a 3rd party installer around here. I'm really thinking about pulling the trigger on this OME lift. Will come in handy after I move to Alaska this summer.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #322
Just another member
06TAC0MA is on a distinguished road

Army: 2 Troop Warrant, A Squadron, Fort Garry Horse, Canadian Army Reserve
Name: Jason
06TAC0MA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
I tried calling 2 dealerships down here, all they'll install are leveling spacer lifts. They won't do anything else. Guess I'll have to find a 3rd party installer around here. I'm really thinking about pulling the trigger on this OME lift. Will come in handy after I move to Alaska this summer.
Way up here in Canada I was referred to a guy in Dallas with TRD Parts4U. We are in the process of setting up my order. Attached is a quote he emailed me using Icon coil packs in the front, and OME rear shocks with Dakar leaf packs, should lift me about 2". He's shipping to ND where I will drive and pick up for about $100. Still under $1700. I'm going to attempt this install using the write ups here with the supervision of a retired Army Mechanic. I can refer him to you if you think this is an option for you. The parts guy, not the mechanic.
Attached Thumbnails
Ongoing lift install price thread-image.jpg  
Old 06-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #323
TheUltimateTaco is on a distinguished road
TheUltimateTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't seen it yet so anyone know the price of installing a good but not expensive 3 inch front 2 inch rear ld veling kit
Old 06-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #324
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Got everything from ToyTec:

Billy 5100 front + 5125 rear = $320
Eibach coils = $167
OME/ Dakar leaf packs = $380
Longer U-bolts = $40
Brake proportional bracket = $10
exhaust relocation bracket = $12
Tax + Shipping = $83
New suspension install = $0 (me and my brother)

TOTAL. = $1,012

Lifetime alignment = $100

I'd recomend this set up! The eibachs give a full 3" up front. Im thinking about 2" longer shackles for the rear to give me another 1" of lift because I want a very slight rake. As of now im sitting very close to Level front to back.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #325
Sherpa is on a distinguished road

Name: Jim
Sherpa's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for all this info. I just purchased the Toytec Ultimate kit including LR UCA's. AAL and Billies out back. Ran me about $1600 with the control arms and freight. Local frame shop installed (2.5 days!) and did the alignment for $800 (they replaced the brake pads for parts cost only at $54). The BFG's were $195 each. That' about the best $3400 I ever spent...drives like a dream.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #326
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherpa View Post
Thank you for all this info. I just purchased the Toytec Ultimate kit including LR UCA's. AAL and Billies out back. Ran me about $1600 with the control arms and freight. Local frame shop installed (2.5 days!) and did the alignment for $800 (they replaced the brake pads for parts cost only at $54). The BFG's were $195 each. That' about the best $3400 I ever spent...drives like a dream.
2.5 days? Geez, I just put my own on. First time ever doing something like this and it only took 2 of us 7 hours.

I had a local 4wheel place quote me $525 to install my kit, decided to just do it myself.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:06 PM   #327
Sherpa is on a distinguished road

Name: Jim
Sherpa's Tacoma Gallery
The strongest tool in my toolbox is a credit card....and a BFH
This is an 05 with lots of Detroit rust on it.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #328
Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
b0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shed

b0ules's Tacoma Gallery
Full OME "Light Duty Kit" with 885X coils, Dakar leaf packs, OME Sport shocks and struts, trim-packer and new u-bolts. I added XL leafs to the kit due to factory bed mat, Leer topper and frequent wood hauling.

Total was $1322.04 after taxes, and graciously delivered for free by the distributor (ouipack.com).

I'll have it in my hands tomorrow, and will make the decision at that point whether to install myself or have it done and will post install price at that point. My beautiful wife is 36 weeks pregnant, so I might just park it at my mechanic buddy's shop and let him take care of it when he needs a filler job while I'm off with the new little one.

Cheers.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #329
SilverStreakTaco is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Name: bob
SilverStreakTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed an ome kit from toytec
front ome 9000 sport shocks
885x coilovers
sway bar relocate
lr uca's
rear n182 ome shocks
deaver aal

kit cost came to 1282 after shipping

install cost was only 70 bucks at harbor freight for an air ratchet, an air impact, and a torque wrench. I already had all the other tools I needed.

took me two days by myself for I work meticulously I did the rear one day and the front the next.

halfway

Ongoing lift install price thread-001.jpg

all done

Ongoing lift install price thread-005.jpg

now my dura trac 265's look small. I already wanna go bigger.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #330
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
Maxtrac Spindles $465
Fox 2.0 coilovers $590
All pro expo kit w/ fox 2.0 shocks $850
Alignment $79

Installing myself

SCS Stealth 6 - $800
Bf Goodrich TA KO - $980
Tire mount / balance - $120
Old 08-03-2013, 05:12 AM   #331
DocBlieb is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Logan
DocBlieb's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone gotten a maxtrac spindle, billy 5100, and leaf pack installed? I have all the parts but no time to do it so I am thinking about getting a garage to do it. Any one have an estimate price range for labor and allignment for this?
Old 08-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #332
BuckeyeTacoFL is on a distinguished road

Name: Derrick
BuckeyeTacoFL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBlieb View Post
Has anyone gotten a maxtrac spindle, billy 5100, and leaf pack installed? I have all the parts but no time to do it so I am thinking about getting a garage to do it. Any one have an estimate price range for labor and allignment for this?

I have a local shop putting my headstrong offroad maxtrac bundle on this coming Wednesday. Thought about doing it myself but a friend knows these guys and they are going to put it on for $300 including alignment.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #333
DESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DESRTRNNR's Tacoma Gallery
any one know the going rate to install a set of Camburg UCA's and Icon coilovers? just the front suspension.. nothing on the rear yet
Old 09-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #334
spiker12 is on a distinguished road
Army:
spiker12's Tacoma Gallery
would i have any issues with bilstein 5100s set at 2.5 with the stock shocks?
Old 09-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #335
Gus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverStreakTaco View Post
I just installed an ome kit from toytec
front ome 9000 sport shocks
885x coilovers
sway bar relocate
lr uca's
rear n182 ome shocks
deaver aal

kit cost came to 1282 after shipping

install cost was only 70 bucks at harbor freight for an air ratchet, an air impact, and a torque wrench. I already had all the other tools I needed.

took me two days by myself for I work meticulously I did the rear one day and the front the next.

halfway

Attachment 221147

all done

Attachment 221148

now my dura trac 265's look small. I already wanna go bigger.
Looks good! Are those the 2in n-fab steps?
Old 10-28-2013, 10:34 PM   #336
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Front Bilstein 5100s & Rear Bilstein 5125s from DSM - $320
Eibach 3" Coils from Toytec - $180
Front Diff Drop Kit from Toytec - $30
All-Pro Expedition Leaf Springs - $400
Extended Rear Brake Line from Toytec - $40
B.A.M.F. Brake Proportioning Valve (BPV) Bracket - $15
Old 10-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #337
...It Hurts when I Pee...
AWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: ParaRescue-SpecOPs
Name: Doc
AWF ROWD's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec/Eibach Coil-overs(assembled),,Sway Bar relocates,2 spanners=3" ...$750 with TW member discount code.!!
Install...$$?...2 busted,bloody knuckles, knot on back of head..2 Sore knees., and I was Forced to buy an entire(new) set of Impact sockets,and Gun,and maybe 50' of heavy duty 1/2" hose, and one small 2.0 Horesepower Air Compressor from Harbor Freight.....just for small driveway Mod's.....she..is..gonna..kill..me..
//http://www.harborfreight.com/air-tools/air-compressors/2-hp-8-gallon-125-psi-portable-air-compressor-67501.html
Old 10-31-2013, 03:48 AM   #338
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
I've always wondered how much air pressure was needed in order to use air tools. So that 125 psi tank holds enough for impact gun?
Old 10-31-2013, 07:18 AM   #339
...It Hurts when I Pee...
AWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: ParaRescue-SpecOPs
Name: Doc
AWF ROWD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainmoe02 View Post
I've always wondered how much air pressure was needed in order to use air tools. So that 125 psi tank holds enough for impact gun?
Yup.......I actually have a Craftsman 19.2v impact that can do mostof my bolt/nut removal on the truck....but I have no rust........yet.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #340
Arrowshot is on a distinguished road

Navy: Force Protection
Arrowshot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post
Front Bilstein 5100s & Rear Bilstein 5125s from DSM - $320
Eibach 3" Coils from Toytec - $180
Front Diff Drop Kit from Toytec - $30
All-Pro Expedition Leaf Springs - $400
Extended Rear Brake Line from Toytec - $40
B.A.M.F. Brake Proportioning Valve (BPV) Bracket - $15

SeattleCoug,
What brand is that antenna mount and antenna (Firestick?).
Thanks
Arrowshot