Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Value added with suspension upgrade?

Old 10-25-2006, 06:55 PM   #1
seagipsy is on a distinguished road
seagipsy's Tacoma Gallery
Value added with suspension upgrade?

I'm trying to justify doing a mild lift and new shocks versus just replacing the shocks on my 00 Tacoma. Suppose I can get a deal on an ARB lift and shocks, how much would that add to the resale of my truck vs just stock shocks?
Old 10-26-2006, 06:59 AM   #2
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I honestly don't think adding a lift to your truck will add much value to your rig. It depends on how much wheeling you do, if it's your daily driver and you only wheel a couple of times a year I'd just get the replacement shocks.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:01 AM   #3
I don't do any rock crawling, mostly driving through mud and on the beach for fishing. I haul a lot of hay and feed for the farm and have some slick, steep slopes I have to run to get the hay to the sheep. I don't cover lots of miles but I use it several times a week with lots of weight.

What would you recomend for heavy loads?

Thanks for you advice
Old 10-30-2006, 02:55 PM   #5
I heard they were good also. I also heard that you needed a lift to fit any of them.

I just found out my leaf springs are shot also...great.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:32 PM   #6
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagipsy View Post

I just found out my leaf springs are shot also...great.
Sounds like it's time to get some Donahoe's or Old Man Emu's
Old 10-31-2006, 08:24 AM   #7
I got a deal on OME so and going with that. Now to actually do it!

Thanks for your advice.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:59 PM   #8
Truck champion is an unknown quantity at this point

Truck champion's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Truck champion
Talking

I have said this before to another member but if you want to keep ride quality and handeling and still have the ability to deal with heavy loads occasionally. try looking at Light Racings jounce shocks. go to www.lightracing.com and check them out. Most suspension upgrades will not affect trade in value on a truck. It is unfortunate but true. Much like throwing 4000 dollars at wheels and tires, it is something you have ton do for your own pleasure and not for an investment because you will never get that money back. Many of my customers have me remove their aftermarket equipment to use or sell on E-bay to hold trade-in value and sell their stuff on craigs list or E-bay.