Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Pro Comp 3" suspension lift

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-30-2010, 10:06 AM   #1
ikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud of

Marines: 3rd Force Reconnaissance Company
Name: Andrew
ikillterrorists's Tacoma Gallery
Pro Comp 3" suspension lift

I got this installed 2 weeks ago, gonna post a little about it cuz it doesn't seem like many people have this or know about it.

I think this is it:
http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetai...rtno=EXPK5075B

Some people have said that it's stiffer than the stock shocks, which I guess it is, but I think that's fine cuz at least it means it's stable. I also don't know what any other suspension lift feels like, so I don't know how it compares. That being said, I love the way it looks and feels so far, haven't taken it off the road or anything yet though.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Pictures? Coilovers?
Old 09-30-2010, 10:29 AM   #3
ikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud of

Yeah I guess I'll put some pictures up soon. You could probably tell what it looks like just by looking at the picture of the kit.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:33 AM   #4
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
that looks like a pretty cool lift kit, better then any pos spacer lift... i wonder if those shocks are any better then bilsteins or ome?
Old 09-30-2010, 10:37 AM   #5
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same but mine is a DB with blue procomp coilovers
Old 09-30-2010, 11:04 AM   #6
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
They're pro-comp shocks, and they're moderatly priced, so it's unlikely that they're better than bilsteins or OME. More likely, they're comparable to the stocks, or maybe the TRDs, but in the longer length to go with the suspension lift.

I gave serious consideration to that kit. Keep us up on how it drives, especially once you get it dirty!
Old 10-01-2010, 01:30 PM   #7

well this is what the front shocks look like...
Attached Thumbnails
Pro Comp 3" suspension lift-dsc00086.jpg  
Old 10-25-2010, 02:46 PM   #8
fatsac is a splendid one to beholdfatsac is a splendid one to beholdfatsac is a splendid one to beholdfatsac is a splendid one to beholdfatsac is a splendid one to beholdfatsac is a splendid one to beholdfatsac is a splendid one to behold
Name: Mike
fatsac's Tacoma Gallery
How is this holding up so far? Any more pics?
Old 10-25-2010, 07:57 PM   #9
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
i used to run this lift, and imho i hated it. from the moment i put it on, i regretted it. i did get it when it first came out, so they may have changed something and made it perform better.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:09 AM   #10

Loving it so far, only thing is the rear leaf springs creak a lot, but I hear that this is inevitable so I guess it doesn't really bother me that much.
Attached Thumbnails
Pro Comp 3" suspension lift-100_1676.jpg  
Old 10-26-2010, 04:09 AM   #11

What did you hate about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr114 View Post
i used to run this lift, and imho i hated it. from the moment i put it on, i regretted it. i did get it when it first came out, so they may have changed something and made it perform better.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #12
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
it was just more than rough. i understand that lifting a trucks gonna make it ride a little more firm. and im ok with that seeing as how its a truck not a sportscar. but mine was extra rough. every little bump, pot hole, difference in the roads surface was magnified 100 times when i put that lift on. i felt that the spring was so stiff it would slam everything down if one of the front wheels were to come off the ground.

Products Discussed in this Thread