Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

front 5100's

Old 10-01-2010, 05:38 PM   #1
redtacoma is on a distinguished road
redtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
front 5100's

i just bought my truck about a month ago.how can i tell if i have aftermarket springs i believe i do. i just got a 06 tacoma prerunner DC it has the billy's 5100" in front set at 0. with a 2inch spacer on top plate the tires i run are 285-65-18 with no rubbing and no trimming done to the inner fender wells. any ideas if i am correct on the aftermarket springs or i could use stock spring and clear tire size?
Old 10-01-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
If the spacer itsself it 2" thick then most likely your lift is solely accomplished by the spacer. The truck will be lifted by TWICE the thickness of the spacer due to how the suspension is set up.

If your 285/65/18's aren't rubbing then you definitely have 3" or more of lift.

as for the springs question, I don't think you have aftermarket, but just to check, what color are your springs?
Old 10-01-2010, 07:56 PM   #3
redtacoma is on a distinguished road
redtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
the springs are black
Old 10-01-2010, 07:58 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtacoma View Post
the springs are black
yup than there probably stock...like mentioned up above, its your spacer thats giving you the lift
Old 10-01-2010, 07:58 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I think OME's are black as well, but I'm going to assume you have stock springs and your lift is solely due to the 2" top plate spacer.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:59 PM   #6
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
yup than there probably stock...like mentioned up above, its your spacer thats giving you the lift
Great minds think alike Scott...beat me by seconds!