Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2 bilstein 5100 questions!!

Old 07-18-2008, 08:06 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
2 bilstein 5100 questions!!

got my billy 5100's today, and i got 2 questions about the install of them.

1-do i need sleeves for the tops and bottoms of the rear shocks??.........it only came with the rubber bushings, so im not sure if sleeves are needed or not.

2- for the stock setting, do i need to move the clip to the setting closest to the bottom??........the clip is on the top setting now, and i think, if not mistaken, thats the highest setting on the shock.

cant wait to get those pos tokico shocks outta there and get these 5100's in!!!
Old 07-18-2008, 08:18 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, i'm pretty sure that the higher on the shock the clip is, the higher the lift
Old 07-18-2008, 08:19 PM   #3
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
yeah, i'm pretty sure that the higher on the shock the clip is, the higher the lift
thats what i was thinking. now.....gotta figure out if the rears need sleeves,or if the bolt just goes thru the rubber bushings.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:22 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Bolt goes thru the bushings. Did it come with sleeves for the rears?
Old 07-18-2008, 08:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Bolt goes thru the bushings. Did it come with sleeves for the rears?
nope.....no sleeves in the packet, just the rubber bushings.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:28 PM   #6
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Don't need them, usually for show anyway.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:29 PM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i'm forever changing my mind....i ditched the 5100 idea for now and ordered a 3" ez lift w/ 1.5" AAL. my 09 only has 3 leafs in the back...bright toyo people
Old 07-18-2008, 08:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Don't need them, usually for show anyway.
the sleeves are for show?? explain.

most shocks i have seen have metal sleeves for the bolt to slide through.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:36 PM   #9
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
nope.....no sleeves in the packet, just the rubber bushings.
Its an easy install. The higher up the spring pearch is mountd, the higher the lift you will get. The rear shocks, just bolt them up!
Hows your neck?
Old 07-18-2008, 08:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Its an easy install. The higher up the spring pearch is mountd, the higher the lift you will get. The rear shocks, just bolt them up!
Hows your neck?
cool, so all i need to do is move the clips to the bottom setting for stock right?? easy enough!!

my neck is a beeotch man!! worst pain i ever felt this morning.....had to go to the er. and low and behold......they didnt do shit. so i finally got an appt for monday morning to talk to a neurosurgeon. i may get results then. im real glad they are working with me at work though. this is the first time in 10 years there that i have ever been out this long.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:41 PM   #11

Quote:
cool, so all i need to do is move the clips to the bottom setting for stock right?? easy enough!!

my neck is a beeotch man!! worst pain i ever felt this morning.....had to go to the er. and low and behold......they didnt do shit. so i finally got an appt for monday morning to talk to a neurosurgeon. i may get results then. im real glad they are working with me at work though. this is the first time in 10 years there that i have ever been out this long.
Man, that sucks! I feel for ya. Wish you were closer, I do all your work on your truck for ya.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Man, that sucks! I feel for ya. Wish you were closer, I do all your work on your truck for ya.
man, if you were closer.......we could open our own mod shop!!!

soon as i get the shocks on, im taking the truck in for the ball joint recall, and they will align it then too.....kill 2 birds with one stone!! gonna put new brakes on too, and i got some wheel prospects already for a good price too.

you know if thew wheels from say, an 06 trd offroad tacoma, like what was on my prerunner, will fit and the centercaps too?? if so.......i may have a set of them shortly.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:53 PM   #13

Quote:
man, if you were closer.......we could open our own mod shop!!!.
LOL. My buddy and I are trying to do this! Its going to be a High Performance/custom fab shop. WIth an Espresso bar! STill havent got a name yet. So far all we have is "Looo's Performance and Fab"

Looo comes from he and I always calling each other a looser.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:54 PM   #14
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
My bad, I misunderstood your question, I thought you were referring to the shock boots, sorry 'bout that.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:54 PM   #15

Quote:
LOL. My buddy and I are trying to do this! Its going to be a High Performance/custom fab shop. WIth an Espresso bar! STill havent got a name yet. So far all we have is "Looo's Performance and Fab"

Looo comes from he and I always calling each other a looser.
................thats pretty cool!!
Old 07-18-2008, 08:54 PM   #16

Quote:
you know if thew wheels from say, an 06 trd offroad tacoma, like what was on my prerunner, will fit and the centercaps too?? if so.......i may have a set of them shortly.
I have heard that they do, but I dont have any first hand knowledge on this.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:55 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
My bad, I misunderstood your question, I thought you were referring to the shock boots, sorry 'bout that.
nah, only rears have boots..........but im wondering if the rears need the metal sleeves for the bolts to go thru, unless they just go thru the rubber bushings.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:58 PM   #18

Quote:
nah, only rears have boots..........but im wondering if the rears need the metal sleeves for the bolts to go thru, unless they just go thru the rubber bushings.
If you have doubts, give Bilstien a call. On my 2000, I didnt have the sleeves in the rear shocks, but on my '07 I did. Now Im getting confused.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:02 PM   #19

OK, did a quick search and it seems that some have the metal sleeve, and some dont. If you dont call Bilsien, I will.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:07 PM   #20

Quote:
OK, did a quick search and it seems that some have the metal sleeve, and some dont. If you dont call Bilsien, I will.
hell man.......give them a call!!! i gotta make a pit stop for a few minutes.......let me know what they say about the sleeves!!! just remember, mines an 04, if that makes a difference.