Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift/Tires (4x2 access cab)

Old 07-19-2008, 07:01 PM   #1
andrew is a jewel in the roughandrew is a jewel in the roughandrew is a jewel in the roughandrew is a jewel in the rough
andrew's Tacoma Gallery
Lift/Tires (4x2 access cab)

Hey all. After having my new truck for a few days, I'm already wanting to lift the truck a few inches. I knew when I bought the truck that it sat lower than a prerunner/4x4 but since I don't ever tow anything and wanted the better MPG I went with the 4x2. Basically, I want my truck to sit *exactly* like a prerunner/4x4. Also, I really don't like the current rims and it'd be nice to have bigger rims and tires...again, just like the bigger 4x4. Anyone have any suggestions as far as lift kit, tires, rims? along with total cost for doing all this? Please advise, I've just started to look into this and I'm no expert in this area.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:03 PM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
You wont get the stance of a Prerunner unless you go L/T which would cost as much as selling your truck and buying a Prerunner.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:09 PM   #3
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Is your taco a 5 lugger?
Old 07-19-2008, 07:14 PM   #4
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver07taco View Post
Is your taco a 5 lugger?
i know i does not say on the original post, but he wants the stance of a PRERUNNER/4X4...so....
Old 07-19-2008, 07:17 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
You wont get the stance of a Prerunner unless you go L/T which would cost as much as selling your truck and buying a Prerunner.
I think he could use some lift spindles for a 5 lugger. 3.5" lift should put him in the ball park, what do ya think?
Old 07-19-2008, 07:38 PM   #6
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by it's in coma View Post
i know i does not say on the original post, but he wants the stance of a PRERUNNER/4X4...so....
Good call
Old 07-19-2008, 08:12 PM   #7
andrew is a jewel in the roughandrew is a jewel in the roughandrew is a jewel in the roughandrew is a jewel in the rough
andrew's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah it's a 5 lugger. If I could get that 3.5" that'd be superb...I'm just wary of how it would look if I did that...I'd definitely have to get the bigger rims/tires at the same time, otherwise it might look odd...but yeah my goal is to look identical to the prerunner. Chris, how much would that cost?
Old 07-19-2008, 08:45 PM   #8
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
Yeah it's a 5 lugger. If I could get that 3.5" that'd be superb...I'm just wary of how it would look if I did that...I'd definitely have to get the bigger rims/tires at the same time, otherwise it might look odd...but yeah my goal is to look identical to the prerunner. Chris, how much would that cost?
I cant remember who makes the spindle lifts. Do a google search for them, and post what you find, and which ones you like. I think they run around $650.00 and up. You will need to think about a lift for the rear of the truck too.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:24 PM   #9
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I cant remember who makes the spindle lifts. Do a google search for them, and post what you find, and which ones you like. I think they run around $650.00 and up. You will need to think about a lift for the rear of the truck too.
I thought there was no spindle lift for the 5 lug? All I knew of was the ready lift or L/T.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:01 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
I thought there was no spindle lift for the 5 lug? All I knew of was the ready lift or L/T.
Here is one. I know there are others, just not sure who all makes them.
http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/FTS41307.html
Old 07-20-2008, 07:03 AM   #11
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Might have waited to get what you wanted, the ass ache and money your going to spend is probably going to be out of balance of the bliss of a new truck owner.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:29 AM   #12
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Here is one. I know there are others, just not sure who all makes them.
http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/FTS41307.html
i didnt see any lift there for an 08 5-lug. i think readylift has a 5-lug lift.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:53 AM   #13

Oh crap. Wrong year....sorry. I'll see what I can find.

I guess 05TacomTRD is right. I cant seem to find any. Try www.customtacos.com
see if they know of any.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:25 AM   #14
andrew's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a newb at this so hear me out....if I put 16" rims/tires on the truck and didn't do anything with a lift kit, wouldn't that alone raise my truck about 2.5-3"? 3" would be plenty for me, and honestly the rims bother me more than anything.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:39 AM   #15
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

i think you can get 1" out of wheels and tires, and even for that to happen you would still need a lift...IMO. But someone with some real knowledge would answer this better...
Old 07-21-2008, 11:12 PM   #16
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
also factor in bigger rims/tires on the stock gears will KILL your MPG and power...

would end up costing you more in the long run to modify that mini than it would be to trade it in...

unless you convert it to a full on desert truck, which would be useless if you are nowhere near the desert....
Old 07-23-2008, 08:54 AM   #17
andrew's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys for all the helpful comments...I'm actually fine now with the stance, I think if I get some new rims/wheels that will greatly help the look of the truck, which I will probably do in the near future.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:52 AM   #18
thehtizzle@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
thehtizzle@gmail.com's Tacoma Gallery
I just put on a ready lift on my 2006 2.7L TAcoma 5 lugger. I got it off of www.autoanything.com for $229. I installed it with the help of a few friends and a 12 pack of cold Miller Lite. It wasn't too bad except for a few bolts in the rear add a leaf that had to be ground down.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:02 PM   #19

pics please...